Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 14 2013
By: vic0de First Son 18 posts

Seriously now... WHY!?

6 replies 369 views Edited Mar 14, 2013

I've loved playstation for ever. That being said, I hate you. I've had to sign in five times just to type this. Altogether this process has taken 45 minutes. That doesn't count the hours i've wasted trying to get the PSN to work. All i want to do is give Sony a large sum of money. Are you really so adverse to financial gains? I WANT TO GIVE YOU MY MOEY. PLEASE LET ME. And it's not just today. Using the store requires me to exit out entirely and re-launch from the XMB, sometimes having to restart the PS3 just to speed up the load times in store. As much sense as that makes. Restarting the system is easier than restarting the store. Son going broke? I. Wonder. Why. Cry me a river. I've got a full shopping cart, over a hundred and some bucks i would very much like to sent your way.

I know all too well about the list of reasons why this is m fault. Bad connection, dusty cable, ate tuna for lunch. Everthing else works fine though, don't think for a second i didn't do any troubleshooting before writing a really long, fairly upset post. Internet: superfast. Websites: loaded 100% Games: no trouble. XBOX Marketplace: works just fine.

Think about that last one. XBOX Marketplace: works just fine. Sure, i don't go blowing all my hard earned scratch on the box's games, but what would have made me check to see if the XBOX Marketplace: works just fine? Maybe the next step would be to see what PS3 games i want so badly can be obtained on the XBOX. Being as how XBOX Marketplace: works just fine. Geez that's got a good ring to it; XBOX Marketplace: works just fine. I should be in marketing because that's all i would really need to hear, were i on the fence about wich system i would consider investing in in the future. XBOX Marketplace: works just fine.

I hope that i have been able to use terms that are palatable, such as money, financial gain, investing. You know, all those kewords that seem to attract the attention of people interested in recieving funds in exchange for services. On that note, justify to me how a digital copy and a disc are worth the same amount. Particularily when there is no object being manufactured, but information copied. From an enviromental standpoint it could be argued that digital purchases should be encouraged, whereas the cost for a disc copy is nearly always the same as the digital release and decreases before the digital release does. A disc copy can last as long as 50 years or more (at wich point i simply won't care anymore) whereas a digital copy will last as long as what? My PS3 hard drive and how long the file stas on the PSN for download? How long will Sony and Playstation keep these things taking up space in their own storage just for little ol' me and my equivalent-to-disc-cost purchase?

But I digress.

Did i buy a playstation at the firs opportunity back in '94? Yes.

Did i do exactly the same thing with the PS2 and PS3? Darn tootin'.

Am i super duper extra excited for the PS4? Not really.

Yea it looks like the best thing to happen since the PS3, but i know that somewhere behind all that awesome hardware are the same marketing geniuses and executive whatthefrankevers that are going to be unable to avoid jamming their sweaty idea filled hands into it to improve and capitalize however possible. Like the new PSN store. Seriously, why? It must have cost some kind of money to create this thing that consistantly prevents me from spending money and as a reult has prevented you from recieving my money. Do you feel good about the decisions that have been made? Good enough that you are going to stay the course, unable to admit that it IS NOT WORKING? Who felt that the previous layout was so abhorrant that it needed to be made more like .. hmm .. the XBOX Marketplace: works just fine? Were they fired? Do they walk down the halls of wherever they are and think "**bleep** did i DO, seriously, WHY?" Because if they don't - they should.

Am i ranting? Yes

Am i expecting a response? No

Is it necessary to ask a question and then immediately answer it? Probabal not. But i like the way it breaks up the page.

Will i ragequit and forever abandon my Plastations and fly another's flag? No. That's stupid.

Will i continue to spend my krugerrand on the PSN. Not today, and not by choice.

Please let me give you money.

Now, in the case that i've posted this in entirely the wrong forum, wich is quite likely, feel free to forward it aling to anybody that cares. Wherever that person may happen to be. Because i know how much SONY values feedback.

So mad no even gonna spell check.

PS: Checking the store again and.........  An error has occurred. What error? Can it be bothered to tell me? Give me an error code? No. Just the electronic equivalent of "I don't wanna". Not now, not later either (if previous experience serves).

Thanks for a rewarding experience.

I could write something funny here, but that kind of comedy is only wasted on you.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Re: Seriously now... WHY!?

Mar 15, 2013

Enjoy your XBOX and have a great weekend! Game on you gamer you!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (334 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Mar 15, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

You got that out of it.  You are a more patient person than I.  I could not get past the WALL O' TEXT.:smileylol:

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (331 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Mar 15, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

You got that out of it.  You are a more patient person than I.  I could not get past the WALL O' TEXT.:smileylol:

Moble

I skimmed.. I just saw XBOX works XBOX works XBOX works... why you no work SONY? XBOX works. So I just wished him well on his XBOX as I want all who game to be happy no matter the system.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (316 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13683 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Technically this post is in the wrong forum.  This is the support forum, and you didn't actually have an issue that anyone could solve.  Yes PSN was down for a few hours early this morning.  Big deal.  What do you want for free?  At least Sony isn't charging you $60 a year to browse the web, watch video that you already paid a separate subscription free for, and play online on servers that another company is paying for.  Life is not better on XBox Live as far as I am concerned.

According to Sony's financial statements, it doesn't make any significant amount of money operating the Playstation Store, so having it open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, all year long, isn't financially important to Sony. The Store just needs to be available enough to satisfy the publishers of the games and other content, and it is more than hitting that mark. 

As for the pricing of digital distribution as opposed to physical copies, game publishers do not agree with your view that a downloaded game is inherently inferior to a boxed copy, because it does not come on physical media (even boxed copies of games often don't come with a printed manual anymore). Publishers view digital distributions of games as a different product, that has different advantages and disadvantages compared to a disk or game card copy, but isn't necessarily worth more or less.  Some people don't want a disk.  They have difficulty managing media because they have small children, destructive pets, or a careless adult at home.  They lose disks, they get broken or scratched, etc.  These people prefer to have their games stored on a network server where the media is safe, and they can download it at any time.  Playstation Store games can be installed on two consoles in the same household, and played on both consoles at the same time.  A game on disk can only be played on one console at a time.  Some people like the ability to buy a game online at any time of the day or night, and have it delivered directly to their console in an hour or two; instead of going to a store, or waiting for a package to arrive in the mail.   You can't sell or lend digital copies of games, but some people don't do that anyway. Not everyone cares whether they can play their games 20 years from now. At least, not everyone cares now, when it matters.  You have a choice between physical and digital copies for most games, but don't expect to pay less for digital on the PS3.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (303 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Mar 15, 2013

gkpama00 wrote:

Technically this post is in the wrong forum.  This is the support forum, and you didn't actually have an issue that anyone could solve.  Yes PSN was down for a few hours early this morning.  Big deal.  What do you want for free?  At least Sony isn't charging you $60 a year to browse the web, watch video that you already paid a separate subscription free for, and play online on servers that another company is paying for.  Life is not better on XBox Live as far as I am concerned.

According to Sony's financial statements, it doesn't make any significant amount of money operating the Playstation Store, so having it open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, all year long, isn't financially important to Sony. The Store just needs to be available enough to satisfy the publishers of the games and other content, and it is more than hitting that mark. 

As for the pricing of digital distribution as opposed to physical copies, game publishers do not agree with your view that a downloaded game is inherently inferior to a boxed copy, because it does not come on physical media (even boxed copies of games often don't come with a printed manual anymore). Publishers view digital distributions of games as a different product, that has different advantages and disadvantages compared to a disk or game card copy, but isn't necessarily worth more or less.  Some people don't want a disk.  They have difficulty managing media because they have small children, destructive pets, or a careless adult at home.  They lose disks, they get broken or scratched, etc.  These people prefer to have their games stored on a network server where the media is safe, and they can download it at any time.  Playstation Store games can be installed on two consoles in the same household, and played on both consoles at the same time.  A game on disk can only be played on one console at a time.  Some people like the ability to buy a game online at any time of the day or night, and have it delivered directly to their console in an hour or two; instead of going to a store, or waiting for a package to arrive in the mail.   You can't sell or lend digital copies of games, but some people don't do that anyway. Not everyone cares whether they can play their games 20 years from now. At least, not everyone cares now, when it matters.  You have a choice between physical and digital copies for most games, but don't expect to pay less for digital on the PS3.

I am out of KUDOS, but I would give you one.

I have, on more than a few occasions, tried to quell worries about the system maintenance in the past.  Most people get mad about it.  I understand they merely wish to play, but everything needs to be maintained at some point.

It does not matter what time of the day they do it, or what time Zone they use to determine a time, someone will complain.

Getting heated about it never helps.

Great insight gkpama.:smileyhappy:

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (298 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1130 posts

Mar 15, 2013

The PSN and the store are working perfect here in upstate ny.

Blame it all on sony huh? LOL

I would start with your network settings and ISP before I would start a rant like that.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (287 Views)