Jul 25 2012
By: Cygnus11 First Son 23 posts

Same ps3 activated on multiple master accounts?

2 replies 1085 views Edited Jul 25, 2012

My wife will be creating her own master PSN account.  I just wanted to make sure I understand how the system activation will work for this setup.  There will soon be two master PSN accounts that log into the same PS3 system.  In my master account, that ps3 system is "activated" for all content that I purchase.  If she purchases content using her master account, will this same PS3 system be "activated" for her account?

In other words, can the same PS3 console be "activated" for two different master accounts?

Any information about this would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3 (1,085 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

Re: Same ps3 activated on multiple master accounts?

Jul 25, 2012

Cygnus11 wrote:

My wife will be creating her own master PSN account.  I just wanted to make sure I understand how the system activation will work for this setup.  There will soon be two master PSN accounts that log into the same PS3 system.  In my master account, that ps3 system is "activated" for all content that I purchase.  If she purchases content using her master account, will this same PS3 system be "activated" for her account?

In other words, can the same PS3 console be "activated" for two different master accounts?

Any information about this would be appreciated.

Short answer: Yes. If she creates her account on your PS3 console, your PS3 will be activited for her account. For her account, she will be in charge of the content she downloads and funds added. She cannot "deactivate" your account using hers, unless she signs into your account on your PS3 console. If she ever wishes to use another PS3, she could deactivate her account and then register using "an existing account" on the other PS3 console. See the bottom of this post for more information.

All content downloaded to your PS3 can be played or deleted by anyone on that PS3 system, from any profile.

Additional information

About "Master Accounts":

• Master Accounts are the standard type of account used on the PlayStation Network.
  • Master Accounts can be created by registered users of the PlayStation Network of a specified age or older.
  • Master Account holders can adjust parental control settings such as monthly spending limits or restrictions on voice / video chat for associated Sub Accounts

About System Activation - As of November 18, 2011, number of systems for activation is:
  • For Game Content - Two (2) PS3 and/or PSP systems
  • For Video Content - One (1) PS3 and up to Three (3) PSP systems
Message 2 of 3 (1,078 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
23 posts

Re: Same ps3 activated on multiple master accounts?

Jul 25, 2012

Thank you so much for that information.  It was very helpful.

Message 3 of 3 (1,073 Views)
0 Likes