Aug 21 2011
By: GreatnessRD I Only Post Everything 1281 posts

Same account 2 different PS3's

2 replies 618 views Edited Aug 21, 2011

Hello,

My PS3 (80gb MGS4 bundle version) got the YLOD back in early June. I then bought the newly announced COD: Black Ops bundled PS3 slim. I fixed my old phat PS3 and I have that in my living room now. My question is will I be penalized for running both at the same time under the same account? Like if I wanted to watch Netflix downstairs while someone is upstairs playing a game under my account name or does that only apply to gamesharing when the two are not under the same IP address in another household/country, etc.

Thanks for the replies.

At the end of the day, I'm chillin'. You should all do the same.
Message 1 of 3 (618 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
35977 posts

Re: Same account 2 different PS3's

Aug 22, 2011

Unless you're already doing this, I didn't think you could be logged in to two seperate PS3's with the same PSN ID at the same time, I thought if you were logged in on one & tried to log in on another you would either receive an error mesage or the other one would log out?

Message 2 of 3 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2785 posts

Re: Same account 2 different PS3's

Aug 22, 2011

It should say something like "this id has signed in at a different location" or something like that and sign you out of one ps3. I don't think you can sign into 2 at once.

They can go into their own account and use your downloaded content though, if that's what you want. You can also use most of it at the same time on the other ps3s. Some betas and games require a 24 hour waiting period before another ps3 can use it though. They shouldn't accuse you of gamesharing or anything. I have multiple ps3s in my house and it has never been a problem.

Feel free to add my newer account NatalieG_

Message 3 of 3 (617 Views)
0 Likes