May 03 2013
By: WeskerOcelot2 First Son 3 posts

Sam DLC for Metal Gear Rising (Problem)

5 replies 219 views Edited May 3, 2013

I have purchased DLC for Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (US version) from my Saudi PSN account. (Sam DLC, It costs 12$!!!)

However, it didn't work for me!!

I removed it and downloaded it again.. but still, it didn't work.... I don't why? 

Can someone help me???

Message 1 of 6 (219 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39386 posts

Re: Sam DLC for Metal Gear Rising (Problem)

May 3, 2013

WeskerOcelot2 wrote:

I have purchased DLC for Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (US version) from my Saudi PSN account. (Sam DLC, It costs 12$!!!)

I removed it and downloaded it again.. but still, it didn't work.... I don't why? 

Can someone help me???

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly so let me ask you this, was the game & the DLC purchased from the same region/country?

if they were not then that is why your DLC isn't working, the game & the DLC have to be purchased from the same country.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 6 (204 Views)
First Son
3 posts

May 3, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

WeskerOcelot2 wrote:

Can someone help me???

I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly so let me ask you this, was the game & the DLC purchased from the same region/country?

if they were not then that is why your DLC isn't working, the game & the DLC have to be purchased from the same country.

BRIT-KO

Exactly..I have a US-version of MGR, and I've purchased the DLC from the Saudi PSN store....

However, as far as I know, all of PS3 games that are available here, in Saudi Arabia, are either from the US region or EU region

So, at least it should be working for the US-region games.... if not, then what's the point of DLCs in this store??

Thanks

Message 3 of 6 (201 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39386 posts

May 3, 2013

WeskerOcelot2 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

WeskerOcelot2 wrote:

Can someone help me???

BRIT-KO

Exactly..I have a US-version of MGR, and I've purchased the DLC from the Saudi PSN store....

However, as far as I know, all of PS3 games that are available here, in Saudi Arabia, are either from the US region or EU region

So, at least it should be working for the US-region games.... if not, then what's the point of DLCs in this store??

Thanks

From recollection I think Saudi PSN is region 2 & the USA is region 1, if I'm correct this is why your DLC isn't working.

BRIT-KO

Message 4 of 6 (190 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

OK.... I still don't get why it doesn't work... I thought ps3 is region free..

anyhow...is there a way to get my money back??? a refund?? anything??

or is it gone? *I hope not!*

Thank you anyway

Message 5 of 6 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
39386 posts

May 3, 2013

WeskerOcelot2 wrote:

OK.... I still don't get why it doesn't work... I thought ps3 is region free..

anyhow...is there a way to get my money back??? a refund?? anything??

or is it gone? *I hope not!*

Thank you anyway

PS3 Games are region-free, DLC however is not, sorry.

BRIT-KO

Message 6 of 6 (183 Views)
0 Likes