Nov 04 2013
By: drfk168 First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

Sale Of The Dead misinformation issue

4 replies 305 views Edited Nov 4, 2013

Hi,

Your recent Sale Of The Dead promo had a couple of games I wanted to buy: Dead Rising 2 for $6.99 and Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare for $5 (both prices are with the PS+ discount). I'm positive both games were advertised on the store as being on sale until November 4th, so I put them in my cart last week with the intention to buy them before the sale ended. When I checked my cart later last week prior to adding another sale item (Dead Space 2), Dead Rising 2 and Undead Nightmare had vanished from it and were no longer listed as being on sale. What gives? While looking for an answer, I saw the post on the official PS blog about Dead Rising 2 and Undead Nightmare only being on sale during the "Zombie Week" half of the promo until October 28th, but again, I'm sure they were advertised on the store as being on sale until November 4th. That's very frustrating and misleading. 

Thanks for listening.

Message 1 of 5 (305 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Re: Sale Of The Dead misinformation issue

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2013

Unless you can provide a link to where they were advertised at those prices until the 4th on the store I don't see how you can say it was misleading or misinformation. You made a mistake. It happens.

Message 2 of 5 (300 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
16972 posts

Nov 4, 2013

It may also be a timing issue - the Playstation store runs on Pacific Time - USA.  

Many, many people think the update time, release time, deadline for purchasing, etc. is based on their local time zone.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear ** ** two-step verification - use it **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 3 of 5 (290 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31526 posts

Nov 4, 2013

Not just their local time zone, but they also assume that the sale extends until 23:59:59 on the last day, when the time was not specified.  If the time is not specified, then it could be 00:00:01 on the last day, just as easily.  In any case, the announcement just stated when the sale was scheduled to end. It isn't a binding legal commitment.  Prices can change at any time.  There may have been a reason to wait until the last day, but when you do that, you are taking a risk of missing the discount.

GKP
Message 4 of 5 (280 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Nov 5, 2013

It's possible I made a mistake, but I'm sure the date was as stated.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Message 5 of 5 (265 Views)
0 Likes