Sep 16 2011
By: EpicAndMore First Son 2 posts

*SERIOUS PROBLEM*

1 replies 24 views Edited Sep 16, 2011

My son is 13 years old and generally a smart kid. This time however he has blown it. He has given his password to his account out to a "friend" and this friend has now changed my sons account password and we can't get into it. This is a major issue as there is Credit Card info saved in that account. What and how do we stop this person from purchasing anything with that card info and get my sons account back as well???? My son has put in SO much time working to be able to pay for the games and addon's he's purchased on his account..$100's of dollars and many hours of working for them..only to have someone take it all away. We have canceled the CC and now we're looking for info on what steps we should take to recover his account from this fellow.. WHO STEALS FROM A 13 YEAR OLD BOY?!?!?!? 

Message 1 of 2 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shinra Executive
35121 posts

Re: *SERIOUS PROBLEM*

Sep 16, 2011

EpicAndMore wrote:

My son is 13 years old and generally a smart kid. This time however he has blown it. He has given his password to his account out to a "friend" and this friend has now changed my sons account password and we can't get into it. This is a major issue as there is Credit Card info saved in that account. What and how do we stop this person from purchasing anything with that card info and get my sons account back as well???? My son has put in SO much time working to be able to pay for the games and addon's he's purchased on his account..$100's of dollars and many hours of working for them..only to have someone take it all away. We have canceled the CC and now we're looking for info on what steps we should take to recover his account from this fellow.. WHO STEALS FROM A 13 YEAR OLD BOY?!?!?!? 

I suppose the first thing to do is to call the credit card company of the credit card involved, tell them it has been compromised, lost, anything, just get it cancelled immediately.

The other issue is a little more involved, the only thing I can usefully suggest is calling Sony & explaining the situation to them, hopefully you will get someone on the other end of the phone who is sympathetic to your situation, Sony's contact details can be found at the bottom of this page by using the 'contact us' tab, don't email them unless you have to, calling them is usually quicker.

I understand why you have done it, but including the names of other peoples PSN ID's in your post is not allowed on these Forums, so you may want to edit that information out.

As for who steals for a 13 year old boy, first they didn't know he was 13, & second, & I'm sorry to say this, but they will steal from anyone who is silly enough to give out their personal information, unless you have already, I would have a good talk with your son & explain to him the do's & dont's of keeping personal information, well personal.

If you want to you can report the other person here using this link: http://np.us.playstation.com/

Good luck to you.

P.S. I'm glad I'm not your son, if I had done this when I was his age I'd be a dead son by now!

Message 2 of 2 (24 Views)
0 Likes