Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
3 posts

Re: SCE?

Apr 18, 2011

The way that I got it to work was to try signing in with my main account first. After getting the error message I switched over to my 2nd account. The account I use for messing around online. Then I would try signing in with that account. After getting the error message again on my 2nd account I switch back to my main account and sign on without an error message. Has worked every time I have tried it so far. Hopefully it works for you as well. Goodluck!!

Message 51 of 111 (631 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 19, 2011

hmm didnt work for me sadly.. but i called psn and they say they dont know how long it will be down but it is on there side so im not sure whats going on i have called twice and both times they have said that im sure it will be up within the next couple of days hopefully.. i just got my ps3 and rented black ops and wanted to play online really bad but of course the network is down so i cant! hope this saves everyone some time just try signing in every couple of hours to see if its up!

Message 52 of 111 (631 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 19, 2011

Me too i called 2 times and they said sony is under mantence i'm really pissed because i cant play online espically black ops.

Message 53 of 111 (631 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 19, 2011

Its been the same for me for the past 2-3 weeks, same damn error code 80710092 and no real solutions to it other than router/ps3 tampering. As of 9:39 central time in Illinois, PSN is and has been down. When is sony finally going to fix this crap....guess its offline PS3 or fully capable Xbox360 for a while...

Message 54 of 111 (632 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 19, 2011

I bought my PS3 320gb with Move module April 17, 2011 and have not been able to get on PSN even once.  Same error as everyone else is reporting.  Lame responses from customer service on the phone and via email.  On the phone they have you jump through the usual hoops and at the end they say: "ok let me  check the network status."  Then they come back and say "oh the network is down, we don't know why, and we don't know when it will be up again."

Over email the PSN rep responds and says " we were having problems over the weekend but the network is up now."  Yah, sure thing.  I can't access PSN and it will be April 19, 2011 in a couple of hours EST.

Since Sony seems determined to keep paying customers in the dark, I'll speculate here:  if people are reporting that they have been unable to logon to PSN for several days, yet a buddy down the street is able to logon, perhaps we are looking at a distributed denial of service attack.  It makes sense to me.  Some people are able to logon via pure luck when the network is not being overwhelmed by the DDos attack.   The rest of us see the message "error, you have been logged out of the network." 

Really embarrassing for Sony that they cannot outwit the electronic marauders.  I'm a big netflix instant user and never had a problem accessing via vanilla bluray player.  Then I get the PS3 and bam!  No netflix.  And probably most annyoing is that the netflix-specific logon works fine.  It's just that PSN blocks access to neftlix UNTIL a successful PSN logon is achieved.  And since I can't logon to PSN...

Message 55 of 111 (632 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1473 posts

Apr 19, 2011

rcantabile wrote:

I bought my PS3 320gb with Move module April 17, 2011 and have not been able to get on PSN even once.  Same error as everyone else is reporting.  Lame responses from customer service on the phone and via email.  On the phone they have you jump through the usual hoops and at the end they say: "ok let me  check the network status."  Then they come back and say "oh the network is down, we don't know why, and we don't know when it will be up again."

Over email the PSN rep responds and says " we were having problems over the weekend but the network is up now."  Yah, sure thing.  I can't access PSN and it will be April 19, 2011 in a couple of hours EST.

Since Sony seems determined to keep paying customers in the dark, I'll speculate here:  if people are reporting that they have been unable to logon to PSN for several days, yet a buddy down the street is able to logon, perhaps we are looking at a distributed denial of service attack.  It makes sense to me.  Some people are able to logon via pure luck when the network is not being overwhelmed by the DDos attack.   The rest of us see the message "error, you have been logged out of the network." 

Really embarrassing for Sony that they cannot outwit the electronic marauders.  I'm a big netflix instant user and never had a problem accessing via vanilla bluray player.  Then I get the PS3 and bam!  No netflix.  And probably most annyoing is that the netflix-specific logon works fine.  It's just that PSN blocks access to neftlix UNTIL a successful PSN logon is achieved.  And since I can't logon to PSN...

You can still log into servers.  I have about 80 people on my friends list and around 5 of them are having this problem.   Just keep trying and eventually you'll get in and be able to use your netflix.  They should have this fixed soon, I'd be surprised if it doesn't work before the weekend.

Message 56 of 111 (632 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 20, 2011

I live in southern california and i keep getting the same message when i try to log in. I tried resetting my router but still give me the code 80710092. I'm sick and tired of these maintenance/connection problems with psn.

Message 57 of 111 (632 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 11, 2011

you able to fix your 80710092 problem? im currently experiencing the same thing. please help.

Message 58 of 111 (632 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 16, 2011

USA im in South Carolina and trying to connect to a belkin

Message 59 of 111 (632 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 30, 2012
Im from Denmark, and i have the same problem, ps3 network are keep kicking mé off the network, its pretty anoying and the problem has been ón in about 1 month. How dó i soluse the problem?
Message 60 of 111 (607 Views)
0 Likes