Oct 11 2013
By: AnAngryPillock First Son 6 posts
Accepted Solution

Returns/Exchanges on PS Store

5 replies 3308 views Edited Oct 11, 2013

I know all sales are final, but I decided to contact chat support anyway because I accidently bought the wrong game for my Vita (yes I know I'm an idiot). Anyway, they put in a request for a return and they said I should hear back in 5-7 business days if the return is approved. Has anyone had luck returning or exhchanging a game on PSN?

Message 1 of 6 (3,308 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: Returns/Exchanges on PS Store

Oct 11, 2013

AnAngryPillock wrote:

I know all sales are final, but I decided to contact chat support anyway because I accidently bought the wrong game for my Vita (yes I know I'm an idiot). Anyway, they put in a request for a return and they said I should hear back in 5-7 business days if the return is approved. Has anyone had luck returning or exhchanging a game on PSN?

I've requested two refunds. Both were Sony's fault.

One was approved, the other declined.

So don't get your hopes up.

Message 2 of 6 (3,302 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7425 posts

Oct 11, 2013

I've had three requests and they were all granted.  Two were clearly an error on their part, another was arguably my fault since I did confirm the purchase of an extra year of PS+ (bought 2 years at once), but it was due to lag in the store.  They will probably only grant such a refund once, if they choose to.  Usually, they will just remove the game from your account and put the money back in your store wallet.

Message 3 of 6 (3,292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2013

Well they denied the request. This is such a load, I've been a PS customer since the PS1 and I'm looking to drop over $700 this November on a PS4, games, and accessories. That is not a way to treat a customer. I will be disputing the charges with my card today.

Message 4 of 6 (3,284 Views)
MVP Support
7425 posts

Oct 11, 2013

AnAngryPillock wrote:

Well they denied the request. This is such a load, I've been a PS customer since the PS1 and I'm looking to drop over $700 this November on a PS4, games, and accessories. That is not a way to treat a customer. I will be disputing the charges with my card today.

If you dispute the charges with your bank, Sony will likely ban your account.  You'll have to decide if that's worth it for you.  To be fair, it wasn't their mistake, so they have no obligation to correct it.  You could try following up on it (they probably gave you a reference number or phone number to call) and see if that helps.  I had to do that once because the first person I contacted did not properly communicate the error.

Message 5 of 6 (3,277 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Oct 11, 2013

I actually called Sony with the reference number and they said the only way to take it further is by disputing it with the card. I just got off the phone and PNC said they're going to reimburse my money, but not follow up with Sony because it will cost them more money in the end.

Message 6 of 6 (3,273 Views)