May 14 2007
By: aguba Gaming Beast 2512 posts

Report a Player

60 replies 12212 views Edited May 14, 2007
How do you report a PSN user for abuse? (yes, I was abused )
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 61 (12,212 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8257 posts

Re: Report a Player

May 14, 2007

"You may report a user who is acting inappropriately or in breach of the PLAYSTATION®Network Terms of Service. If a user is not violating the Community Code of Conduct as set forth in the PLAYSTATION®Network Terms of Service, please do not register a complaint. False reporting may result in a restriction or suspension of your PLAYSTATION®Network account(s). SCEA will process all complaints. SCEA does not disclose to individual users the status or results of individual complaints."
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 61 (12,211 Views)
Gaming Beast
2512 posts

May 14, 2007

BFrosty wrote:

"You may report a user who is acting inappropriately or in breach of the PLAYSTATION®Network Terms of Service. If a user is not violating the Community Code of Conduct as set forth in the PLAYSTATION®Network Terms of Service, please do not register a complaint. False reporting may result in a restriction or suspension of your PLAYSTATION®Network account(s). SCEA will process all complaints. SCEA does not disclose to individual users the status or results of individual complaints."

Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 61 (12,211 Views)
Survivor
2786 posts

May 14, 2007

aguba wrote:

Make sure that you are telling the truth. Many people report players because they get mad at them but the other player did anything wrong, maybe just beat them in a Resistance game. This has happened to one of my friends. He called Sony and he found out that Sony records and saves ALL messages sent and recieved and ALL video chat converstations. Be sure you have the proof, dont' be lieing. Sony will tell and according to my friend that called Sony, they will turn the tide on you and possibally ban you from the PlayStation Network. But, if the person relaly did abuse you, don't hesitate to report.

"In my life, I have this regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so"
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 61 (12,211 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2786 posts

May 15, 2007

aguba wrote:

BigNRich1010 wrote:

aguba wrote:

Make sure that you are telling the truth. Many people report players because they get mad at them but the other player did anything wrong, maybe just beat them in a Resistance game. This has happened to one of my friends. He called Sony and he found out that Sony records and saves ALL messages sent and recieved and ALL video chat converstations. Be sure you have the proof, dont' be lieing. Sony will tell and according to my friend that called Sony, they will turn the tide on you and possibally ban you from the PlayStation Network. But, if the person relaly did abuse you, don't hesitate to report.

I was sent a message in the XMB Friends menu. I had just quit Resistance, when I had a message. The message goes as follows: "resistance is *** like you" (he didn't really put ***). I can't tell you his name right now because my cousin is using my PS3. I then asked him what is problem was, and he says to me: "your my ****** problem you ****** retard". I've never even met the guy.

Note: All "abusive" words were replaced by asteriks (*)

Okay, I believe you, just, in the future, remember what I said and if you've got friends trying to get another person off the Network just because they don't like him or something, remember what Sony can do.

"In my life, I have this regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so"
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 61 (12,211 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8257 posts

May 15, 2007

aguba wrote:

BFrosty wrote:

Thank you.

No problem, anytime~ Just make sure you keep that persons name to yourself and not post it here, though, this is not the appropriate place. 
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 61 (12,211 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

May 15, 2007
You sir are wrong my friend they can NOT record video chat conversations thats against all laws in the federal level and all states...you are funny
MAG AND VALOR A PERFECT 10 !
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 61 (12,211 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
14203 posts

Jan 30, 2009

sk8erman221 wrote:
i would like to report a player ******** threanted to hack my ps3 and shut me down 

Please don't list player's names on the forum in this manner. Use the complaint process instead.

Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is committed to all players having a good online gaming experience.

If you would like to report a PlayStation Network user that has acted inappropriately or is in violation of the PlayStation®Network Terms of Service and User Agreement, please complete the PlayStation®Network File a Complaint Form.

SCEA will process all complaints.

Please be aware that SCEA will NEVER approach users online via chat for password or personal information.  Additionally SCEA will never offer guaranteed spots in upcoming betas or other promotions in exchange for personal information.  Users who may ask for this information are not authorized by SCEA to do so and we would advise that you report these suspicious PlayStation®Network users.  Click here to report suspicious users.

As a reminder to our seasoned gamers, and to inform new users, we offer these guidelines for safe gaming that will help keep your account private and secure.

• NEVER share your account details with anyone, especially online. 
  • Select a strong password to protect your account (include alpha, number, and symbol characters if possible).
  • Make sure that the answer to your "secret question" is not something that could be guessed easily.
  • Be sure to log off from your account anytime you use a PlayStation® product that is not yours, or anytime other people might use your PlayStation product.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 61 (12,211 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10740 posts

May 21, 2010
You can call sony or send a message to the cheating mod in the game. most agreements for online play  tell you where to report things
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 61 (12,211 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4458 posts

May 21, 2010
Put them on ignore
RED-DOG

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 61 (12,211 Views)