Mar 08 2011
By: elSquish79 First Son 2 posts

Removing a Broken PS3 from the PSN

4 replies 1180 views Edited Mar 8, 2011

I have 5 Ps3s in which i use in different areas of my house...  my roomates and i do a lot of gaming... and one of my PS3's fried out and was deemed unrepairable and i had to buy a new one... my issue is now i cant get my new one to share the account info with my CC info and downloaded games etc... i will not create a new account under a new user as my kids and nieces also use the systems .. i only want one account on all 5 ps3s with CC access. and the PSN doesnt allowd mroe than 5 shared accounts. how do i remove the broken ps3 info from the PSN since it wont turn on or anything.

Message 1 of 5 (1,180 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

Re: Removing a Broken PS3 from the PSN

Mar 8, 2011

I went through this issue recently when my 60GB died. You need to call Sony and they will do a "one time only" deactivation of all of your consoles. Then you will be able to activate your new console, but you will also need to reactivate the others as well.

Message 2 of 5 (1,180 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 9, 2011

Hello elSquish79 my ps3 recently broke, and instead of getting it fixed, I've decided to get a new one. My reason for this is because the ps3 i have is a refurbished one I received from the time my original ps3 broke. So instead of having to go through the hassle of paying $150.00 dollars, losing all of my data, getting another refurbished console, and having to wait about four weeks to retrieve it. I'm going to buy a ps3 slim. Now I'm in the same boat as you where in. Which is how do I UN-link my psn account from my old broken ps3 to the new ps3 that i will be getting. So, i wanted to know if the information that JonJonXD told you was helpful? Because I own alot of dlc, and I don't want to buy all of it again.

Message 3 of 5 (1,180 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 9, 2011

Hi I don't think that elSquish is coming back anytime soon, his last post was 8 months ago

You could call Sony to deactivate  all consoles tied to your account as JonJon suggested, or wait for Sony to set up a website so you can deactivate and reactivate consoles through your PC. This feature is coming soon (hopefully later this month) so you can do this at your convenience...

Message 4 of 5 (1,180 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation Support
6755 posts

Nov 10, 2011
Message 5 of 5 (1,180 Views)
0 Likes