Aug 17 2012
By: morticianlover First Son 6 posts

Removing Trophies

5 replies 210 views Edited Aug 17, 2012

I had to buy a new PS3 after my first one got the yellow light of death. I was actually excited about having to replay all my old games to build up my trophies again. I was even more excited about the possibility that all the annoying games and trophies I had accumulated with my first PS3 would be gone. I hated having the dead weight of PSN downloads that I didn't use.

I logged in on PSN today and found out that all my old crap is still there. Annoying downloads, trophies I don't want, all of it, was still there.

Can anyone tell me how to delete information from my PSN account?

Message 1 of 6 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11752 posts

Re: Removing Trophies

Aug 17, 2012

To erase the trophy data from your account, you'd have to delete the account entirely to start over. Trophy information is tied to your name forever; there's no way of cutting yourself off at the leg to abandon these prizes.

Games you've also bought from the store or demos you've downloaded in the past will retain their place in your account information via the PlayStation Store's account archives. If there are certain games on your download list you don't wish to download again, you don't have to. If there are games on your hard drive that you don't want, you'll just need to delete them (in this case, you'll need to press the triangle button over the item + the selection of delete).

Message 2 of 6 (209 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Aug 17, 2012
hes right.

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Message 3 of 6 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Aug 18, 2012
I dislike not being able to delete trophy information... They should give you the option to at least delete 0%ers!
Message 4 of 6 (191 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Aug 18, 2012
agree and transfer them

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Message 5 of 6 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
6 posts

Aug 19, 2012
Thanks for the help.
I don't understand why we don't have 100% control over our accounts.
Message 6 of 6 (173 Views)
0 Likes