Jan 09 2014
By: ChevyGirl90 First Son 4 posts

Region Change

5 replies 182 views Edited Jan 9, 2014

Hi everyone,

My husband and I moved to the United States, in October of last year, from Canada. today he brought home a couple of playstation prepaid cards, but they don't work on our accounts. we had this same problem with our xboxs. but he managed to switch our canadian accounts to american accounts, that way we can renew our subscription to xbox live and buy prepaid cards. now we have been trying to do the same with our playstation3 's. is there a way to do the same? or am i going to have to send money across the boarder to our friends to buy us our cards?

somthing about that seems illegal, help please 

Message 1 of 6 (182 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9311 posts

Re: Region Change

Jan 9, 2014

There no way to change to change your account region on PSN so you will have buy the PSN cards from the region it was created.There many online stores that sells codes of PSN cards.

KANE-FIRE

Message 2 of 6 (171 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17013 posts

Jan 9, 2014

ChevyGirl90 wrote:

Hi everyone,

My husband and I moved to the United States, in October of last year, from Canada. today he brought home a couple of playstation prepaid cards, but they don't work on our accounts. we had this same problem with our xboxs. but he managed to switch our canadian accounts to american accounts, that way we can renew our subscription to xbox live and buy prepaid cards. now we have been trying to do the same with our playstation3 's. is there a way to do the same? or am i going to have to send money across the boarder to our friends to buy us our cards?

somthing about that seems illegal, help please 

Definitely not illegal.  PS Plus codes from the US work on Canadian accounts, but likely prepaid dollar cards won't due to the currency.  There are online sites that sell cards in various currencies and amount that may ship to the US.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear ** ** two-step verification - use it **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 3 of 6 (166 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 9, 2014

oh, ok then. do you know of any that you might use that are trusted? and thank you

Message 4 of 6 (163 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17013 posts

Jan 9, 2014

I've not bought from them, but this company has been mentioned in these forums: http://www.pcgamesupply.com/

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear ** ** two-step verification - use it **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 5 of 6 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
4 posts

Jan 9, 2014

thank you

Message 6 of 6 (149 Views)
0 Likes