Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 30 2013
By: RiverCreek Lombax Warrior 131 posts

Redeem PSN Card Issues

5 replies 267 views Edited Jan 30, 2013

All month I have been having issues entering my PSN Card in the XMB.  It freezes then gives you an error code.  So I called Sony and they had me go to the site and enter it but it still is not accepting the two new cards I just purchased for tomorrows update.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

River

Message 1 of 6 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Re: Redeem PSN Card Issues

Jan 30, 2013

I got it to work finally on the PLAYSTATION NETWORK SITE ONLY.  But still not working in the XMB in Home.  I sure hope this issue gets taken care of.  Never had problems like this where it is NOT accepting money.

Anyone know what it could be?

Message 2 of 6 (255 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1992 posts

Jan 30, 2013

RiverCreek wrote:

I got it to work finally on the PLAYSTATION NETWORK SITE ONLY.  But still not working in the XMB in Home.  I sure hope this issue gets taken care of.  Never had problems like this where it is NOT accepting money.

Anyone know what it could be?

It may be you're using a PSN card of a different region or area, only the PSN card of the certain country will function for that country usually.

It may also be your Playstation, sometimes the account management section will freeze or error.

I recommend posting this Issue in general In Playstation Network Support at this Link here.

Link- http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/bd-p/22039
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 6 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3698 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2013

Hey,

Joystick_Warrior mentioned there are some hiccups affecting Home as well as some Network errors. All of which is currently being looked at and should hopefully be fixed soon.

Message 4 of 6 (231 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 30, 2013
I know there is another thread out there about this very same topic, as I found one the first time I ran across this. It took almost 5 weeks (that's right, a month and a week), to get this issue resolved. My particular issue was basically like this: Retailer activated card, card wouldn't redeem, playstation said card was not activated and to go back to the store to activate. After several attempts I was then asked to provide them with pictures of said receipts....unfortunately the response from the email was exactly what they'd said on the phone. Card not activated, go back to retailer. Well after a month and finally speaking to an agent that could help me (One of the agents that handles the codes and can actually do something, not one of the main call center agents), I finally was able to achieve a resolution rather than another excuse. In the end the card was canceled and the funds added manually. Perceive, keep at it, and eventually the problem will be solved.
Message 5 of 6 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Mar 4, 2013

I have come to the conclusion that when I purchase the cards at Toys R Us, they work perfect when redeeming in the XMB. 

But when I purchase them from my local Kmart, they never work in the XMB and I always have issues trying to redeem them. 

Just thought I would throw that out there.  I will never purchase them from Kmart again.  :smileysurprised:

Message 6 of 6 (117 Views)
0 Likes