Jul 10 2013
By: Veiltrin First Son 1 posts

Received PSN Message with FF XIV Beta Voucher

[ Edited ]
1 replies 302 views Edited Jul 10, 2013

Alright so I applied for the Beta a few weeks back (filling in this thing at the Square site). But I was never contacted, however I did download the E3 video on the PlayStation Network because it said you 'd become eligible to get access to the closed beta.

So two nights ago I received via message on PlayStation Network a "supposed" voucher from a user named "[FINAL FANTASY]" the message's title being "FF XIV BETA CODE". However I haven't received any e-mails at all about this.

The message does contain a link that takes me to the PlayStation Store to download the closed beta. It tells me to download the game with the link provided and then create a SE Beta Account using a key they provided.

I'm just worried this is a scam, can anyone confirm having gotten into the Beta like this, or that this isn't a scam of some sort?? I did it and was able to access the beta but I'm really worried this is some sort off scam and that my information is going to be hacked. I'm really worried, was that a legitimate voucher sent by Square-Enix or PSN?

Message 1 of 2 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
40610 posts

Re: Received PSN Message with FF XIV Beta Voucher

Jul 10, 2013

Veiltrin wrote:

Alright so I applied for the Beta a few weeks back (filling in this thing at the Square site). But I was never contacted, however I did download the E3 video on the PlayStation Network because it said you 'd become eligible to get access to the closed beta.

So two nights ago I received via message on PlayStation Network a "supposed" voucher from a user named "[FINAL FANTASY]" the message's title being "FF XIV BETA CODE". However I haven't received any e-mails at all about this.

The message does contain a link that takes me to the PlayStation Store to download the closed beta. It tells me to download the game with the link provided and then create a SE Beta Account using a key they provided.

I'm just worried this is a scam, can anyone confirm having gotten into the Beta like this, or that this isn't a scam of some sort?? I did it and was able to access the beta but I'm really worried this is some sort off scam and that my information is going to be hacked. I'm really worried, was that a legitimate voucher sent by Square-Enix or PSN?

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

You are right to be wary but this sounds legitimate to me.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 2 (293 Views)