Highlighted
Sep 04 2014
By: cantthink9 Lombax Warrior 186 posts
  • Find more conversations like this:
  • Psn

Really with this online service?

8 replies 310 views Edited Sep 4, 2014

This is getting a little ridiculous. If you are going to have your servers be down at least once a week if not more, the least you could do is allow us digital downloaders to play our games. So tired of this man.

Message 2 of 9 (310 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
2943 posts

Re: Really with this online service?

Sep 4, 2014

You can play digitally downloaded games when offline or when the PSN is down, I do it all the time. Just make sure the first chance you get that you make your PS4 your account's primary PS4 system and make sure your licenses are restored. 

Also, Sony didn't take the servers down. The servers were flooded by the mass of people all trying to download the same thing at the same time. It wasn't scheduled maitenance or anything like that. 

Message 3 of 9 (286 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Re: Really with this online service?

Sep 4, 2014
I heard it was a Minecraft DDoS attack by 4j studies
Message 4 of 9 (274 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Seriously?

Sep 4, 2014

This is just unbelievable. The competition has a much more stable network, and has since the last gen of consoles. If this is what I can expect from Sony Online, they need not expect to see my money coming into their pockets much longer. This network instability crap has gotten old fast.

Message 1 of 9 (271 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28837 posts

Re: Seriously?

Sep 4, 2014

XvQueeniexV wrote:

This is just unbelievable. The competition has a much more stable network, and has since the last gen of consoles. If this is what I can expect from Sony Online, they need not expect to see my money coming into their pockets much longer. This network instability crap has gotten old fast.

First world problems.

Message 5 of 9 (261 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
12577 posts

Sep 4, 2014

I know i'm wrong on this but it seems like we on PS4 have had like 10 network stability patches?

Message 6 of 9 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6016 posts

Sep 4, 2014

Did you ever think it's because MS has had upwards of a billion dollars in revenue from charging people to use their Live service over the years? Just maybe that might have something to do with them having a better and more reliable servers. During that time Sony was actually spending their own money on servers that you all leeched off of for so many years.

Message 7 of 9 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Sep 4, 2014

XvQueeniexV wrote:

I remember when M$ was talking about 200,000 brand new servers and I bet since then Sony has dropped the pooch.

I think sony wasn't ready for the amount of people getting their console or getting online. I bet their servers can't handle the load. 10 milion consoles is a lot to speak of. Yet sony like always keeps quiet and does little to offer you comfort that things will get better.

Message 8 of 9 (234 Views)
MVP Support
11287 posts

Sep 5, 2014

uh--oh wrote:

XvQueeniexV wrote:

I remember when M$ was talking about 200,000 brand new servers and I bet since then Sony has dropped the pooch.

I think sony wasn't ready for the amount of people getting their console or getting online. I bet their servers can't handle the load. 10 milion consoles is a lot to speak of. Yet sony like always keeps quiet and does little to offer you comfort that things will get better.

and they *still* don't use them for anything game related, at least not yet, anyway...those were added to the Azure cloud system, mainly used for enterprise customers. they said that they would also use them for gaming needs, but no game has yet to use them. titanfall was supposed to be the first game to utilize them, but that patch still hasn't gone live. it's mostly the reason why T-fall has such muddy textures/lighting in a lot of spots.

i do definately agree that sonys needs, at least, 1 more log-in server as a back-up, when the one in California gets hammered, they can switch over to, or have share the load.

Message 9 of 9 (179 Views)
0 Likes