Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 18 2012
By: ChuckNorris_69 First Son 8 posts

Random PSN Disconnects. I give up.

[ Edited ]
4 replies 364 views Edited Oct 18, 2012

So this thread is all over the forums here and nobody has a concrete solution.

My PS3 is hard wired with an ethernet cable. It is connected DIRECTLY to my modem which is also a wireless router combo. There is no issue with my connection. (We just had brand new lines run in my area and its amazingly fast and reliable)

First, media server is DISABLED. My Wii and Xbox 360 have ZERO issues with connections.

Along with random disconnects, I first noticed my downloads were extremely slow on the Playstation Store and after some research and contacting my ISP, I found the ports required were blocked. So I opened them (The ones listed on Sony's website) and all was fine and dandy speeds were normal for downloading but the random disconnects still occured.

I next put my PS3 into a DMZ thinking this would help. Again my download speeds remained normal but random disconnections did not stop.

I have tried disabling, enabling UPNP, I have set a Static IP obviously when I did the DMZ and nothing if fixing the random disconnects. I am just going to accept PSN is just junk and there is nothing I can do about it.....

I am completely lost. There is no rhyme or reason for the disconnecting. Sometimes I go 10 mins, others I can go 2 hours but ultimately it ALWAYS encounters an error and disconnects. There is also no particular game this happens more or less in. Interestingly enough, I own a PS Vita and I have not had to do ANYTHING and my wireless connection works fantastic on it and I have never had  single problem at all.....

Any input would be appreciated but I think this is a lost cause and I am throwing in the towel. These issues have been plauging me since I bought my first PS3 in 2007 (Now Ive got the Super Slim and love it!) Is Sony ever going to fix their network? Maybe its just my area (Florida) that has issues? A friend of mine also gets these random disconnects.

Message 1 of 5 (364 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1237 posts

Re: Random PSN Disconnects. I give up.

Oct 20, 2012

Update 4.25 has done the same to many of us there a huge thread about it and 1 month later... and they still cant fix it. 

Message 2 of 5 (315 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 20, 2012

same problem here

Message 3 of 5 (306 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 29, 2012
I have the same problem but only when Ethernet cable is directly plugged into ps3. Whenever I use my wireless router the disconnects stop.
Message 4 of 5 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Dec 29, 2012
They won't even admit there is a problem!
Message 5 of 5 (219 Views)
0 Likes