Apr 22 2013
By: Mardocheu First Son 2 posts

Question about changing countries...

3 replies 96 views Edited Apr 22, 2013

Hi everyone!

So, I am from Portugal and have a Portuguese PSN account. However, I recently moved from Portugal to Brazil, and brought my PS3 with me. Do I have to create a new Brazilian PSN account, since there doesn't seem to be a way to change countries in the existing one?

And another thing... I bought Assassin's Creed III recently (here in Brazil), and the Uplay passport that came with it isn't valid. Could this be due to my account being from another country? Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 4 (96 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12547 posts

Re: Question about changing countries...

Apr 22, 2013

Mardocheu wrote:

Hi everyone!

So, I am from Portugal and have a Portuguese PSN account. However, I recently moved from Portugal to Brazil, and brought my PS3 with me. Do I have to create a new Brazilian PSN account, since there doesn't seem to be a way to change countries in the existing one?

And another thing... I bought Assassin's Creed III recently (here in Brazil), and the Uplay passport that came with it isn't valid. Could this be due to my account being from another country? Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

You don't HAVE to. But most people usually do, since typically when you move somewhere, you only buy games from that region, and DLC/Online passes are region locked.

Which also explains your second question. It's not working because your account is different region than the game. If you make a Brazilian PSN account, it should work with that one.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 4 (94 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 22, 2013

I see... Thanks! I'll make another account then...

Message 3 of 4 (92 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17686 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Yes.  You are expected to create a new account in Brazil's PSN.  You can continue to use your Portuguese PSN account also, but the EU PSN will not accept credit cards or Paypal accounts with Brazilian addresses, or Playstation Network cards denominated in Real.

GKP
Message 4 of 4 (85 Views)
0 Likes