Highlighted
Jan 25 2013
By: ICE_KOLD_KILLA92 First Son 13 posts

Question about adding funds with PayPal to the PS Store wallet.

9 replies 582 views Edited Jan 25, 2013

I read about PayPal now being a way of adding funds through SonyEntertainmentNetwork.com website. I checked it out and I'm glad it's finally an option. I've also heard about it being glitched sometimes. Anyway, my question is: Can I add money to my PayPal (EUROS/€) with my bank account as usual and have it changed to US DOLLARS (USD) and add funds that way to my main American account? I live in Spain so that's why I have €. Up until now I'd buy US PSN Cards from eBay and it's safe with my seller but I'd like less of a pain. More direct way which is PayPal. I do know I can change currency on PayPal but will it still work? Anyone know/tried? Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 10 (582 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40554 posts

Re: Question about adding funds with PayPal to the PS Store wallet.

Jan 25, 2013

ICE_KOLD_KILLA92 wrote:

I read about PayPal now being a way of adding funds through SonyEntertainmentNetwork.com website. I checked it out and I'm glad it's finally an option. I've also heard about it being glitched sometimes. Anyway, my question is: Can I add money to my PayPal (EUROS/€) with my bank account as usual and have it changed to US DOLLARS (USD) and add funds that way to my main American account? I live in Spain so that's why I have €. Up until now I'd buy US PSN Cards from eBay and it's safe with my seller but I'd like less of a pain. More direct way which is PayPal. I do know I can change currency on PayPal but will it still work? Anyone know/tried? Thanks in advance for any help.

It's an interesting question & one which if true will please MANY MANY people, having said that because of the current restrictions in place I'm not sure that this would be possible.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 10 (575 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Jan 25, 2013
is it possible to withdraw any hanging funds in the wallet back into my bank account via paypal? Or is the Paypal option ONLY for depositing into the wallet?
Message 3 of 10 (556 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40554 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Dubloon7 wrote:
is it possible to withdraw any hanging funds in the wallet back into my bank account via paypal? Or is the Paypal option ONLY for depositing into the wallet?

No, once funds are added to the PSN wallet they cannot be taken back.

Message 4 of 10 (554 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Jan 26, 2013

so then what's the purpose of using paypal if we can't even use it's basic functions?

Message 5 of 10 (550 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40554 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Dubloon7 wrote:

so then what's the purpose of using paypal if we can't even use it's basic functions?

It has always been the case that once funds are added to your PSN wallet they cannot be taken back, why would you add funds you didn't want to use anyway?

The addition of PayPal as a way to fund the PSN wallet has been wanted by many for a long time, it is a welcome addition.

Message 6 of 10 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Jan 26, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

Dubloon7 wrote:

It has always been the case that once funds are added to your PSN wallet they cannot be taken back, why would you add funds you didn't want to use anyway?

The addition of PayPal as a way to fund the PSN wallet has been wanted by many for a long time, it is a welcome addition.

say if i had to load $50 from a PSN card, and used $37.24 for games and other DLC i would rather use my left over amount for groceries or something else personal and add back the funds i want for the game i want to buy at that one moment.

so in my instance, i would rather use the corrected funds for the item at one moment rather than keep and hanging amount in the clouds.

Message 7 of 10 (540 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
30059 posts

Jan 27, 2013

PSN allows you to use Paypal to fund your wallet, as an alternative to the existing forms of payment (credit card, bank debit card, Playstation Network card).  The way that PSN wallets work has not changed at all.  You still can only fund the wallet in increments of $5. Wallet funds still cannot be refunded back to the funding source. Nothing has changed, except that Paypal has been added as a payment option.  As far as the OP's question is concerned, the whole point of Paypal is that the seller doesn't know where the funds came from, so Sony would have no way of knowing directly if the Paypal account was drawing from a foreign bank account.  However, Sony could maintain the current restrictions on electronic payments by requiring Paypal accounts to be verified (which would limit the use of Paypal to people with bank accounts), and checking the address registered for the Paypal account against the registered address of the PSN account.

GKP
Message 8 of 10 (536 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Message 9 of 10 (474 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Jul 28, 2014

Thanks even though I'm over a year late. I recently only wanted to add $5 so I didn't want to buy a $10 PSN Code from Amazon.com (I'll talk about that in a second) but still couldn't so this old question was again in my head. Thanks to your links, that PlayStation manager guy confirmed it needs to be an American PayPal account. So now I can try adding funds to my PayPal wallet and convert it to USD ($) and try adding funds to my PS Store wallet or make an American PayPal account and see if it allows to use my Spanish bank account. Anyways, what I've been doing for a few months is buy PSN Codes on Amazon.com. It says you need to live in the U.S. so I added my friend's P.O. Box as the address it's shipped to even though it's a digital code sent to my e-mail and it allows to instantly get a PSN Code. The best thing about having EUROS (€) but buying stuff in USD ($) is I save money. So the same game that is $9.99 is usually 9.99€ but if I buy a $10 PSN Code, that's only aprox. 7.30€ (the cents change)! Right now I wanted to only add $5 to have enough to buy Batman: Arkham Origins which is only $8.40 thanks to the Super Hero sales thing going on which ends tomorrow. I wanted it so I have all Batman games. My friend will let me download all his DLC.

Message 10 of 10 (347 Views)
0 Likes