Jul 22 2013
By: sddfffddd First Son 2 posts

Question about PSN ID issue

3 replies 177 views Edited Jul 22, 2013

Hello,

First off I have contacted PS customer support over this and was not assisted in the slightest. I am very dissapointed in the service I was given and after suffering through all the hacking and system outages, I would have thought that sony would be more considerate to its users. 

My issue in a nutshell: I want to create an account with a certain PSN ID. This PSN ID does not exist in the system (aka it is not connected to any account meaning no one is using it). When I go to make an account and type in this PSN ID, the system tells me that it is not available.

A customer service rep has confirmed that the ID is not being used by anyone and said it should be available. When I try to add the ID as a friend on PSN, the system tells me that the ID does no exist (meaing it should be available).  However, when I go to make a new account and enter that PSN ID, I am given a message saying that is not available.

I got absolutely not answer through customer service on this issue. All they did was give me a total runaround answer with no direct correlation ot my question.

Can anyone here assist me with this please? I don't want to waste anymore time with the customer service reps who don't know they're own system mechanics.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4 (177 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40067 posts

Re: Question about PSN ID issue

Jul 23, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Unfortunately you'll never know why a particular PSN ID is shown as 'available' when in reality it is not, as is likely the case here, a relatively large number of PSN ID's are reserved, banned or generally not allowed, be it because they are deemed 'offensive' in some way or Sony does not want them used as a PSN ID.

You'll never know sorry, I can only suggest that you choose something very similar to the one you want by adding say a symbol to the front or end of it.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 4 (150 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 23, 2013
Thanks for the answer I guess. Basically no one will ever know. Makes 0 sense. Another reason I have become disillusioned with PS.

Btw the ID I chose was in no way offensive or should have been banned. I see no reason for it to be not allowed. And as far as reserved...yeah that's ridiculous.
Message 3 of 4 (148 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40067 posts

Jul 23, 2013

sddfffddd wrote:
Thanks for the answer I guess. Basically no one will ever know. Makes 0 sense. Another reason I have become disillusioned with PS.

Btw the ID I chose was in no way offensive or should have been banned. I see no reason for it to be not allowed. And as far as reserved...yeah that's ridiculous.

Sorry that's all I have for you, I know it sucks, but you'll never know, sorry.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 4 of 4 (142 Views)
0 Likes