Highlighted
May 16 2011
By: EvilTwinGX Lombax Warrior 119 posts

Question Reguarding Password Changes....

5 replies 379 views Edited May 16, 2011

OK so, I know PSN is already up, reset my password yesterday, and I notiticed how it says it has to be a different 1 when youchange it. So, after resetting my password, this kinda has me wondering about something because i've never hada be bothered to change my password before for PSN.  So now I'm curious, does anyone know if older passwords are re-usable, especially after the outageassuming I ever wanted to change it back?  Are they strict about that sorta thing, anyone know, any idea??  The reason i'm asking aboutthis is cause I had an instance with FaceBook once whereas I emded up resettingthe password due to unrecognized log-in from another location, so I ended up resetting like 4-5 times just to find out what's what and that stuff; I really don't see why it couldn't be more simplier than merely denying that log-in access without a password change, since they seem to have this thing where your password history is saved and once a new password is created, is no longer re-usable (I guess it's somewhat understandable), and it was just really frutatring to have to go through all that.  Anyway, if anyone has any possible info about this, please leave a reply back.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Re: Question Reguarding Password Changes....

May 16, 2011

You should be able to change your password back to what it once was after a while, but due to security reasons, they may, or may not prevent the same password from being re-entered, but it's for your own good, really.

The best thing to do would be to use a variation of your original password, but change a couple of things, use capitals, lowercase, numbers, etc.

Message 2 of 6 (379 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 16, 2011

plz help accountWhen I try to change my password at their website it says "There is a problem resetting your password. Please click the link again or copy and paste the link into an Internet browser". Anyone plz help

and best regards

plz help accountWhen I try to change my password at their website it says "There is a problem resetting your password. Please click the link again or copy and paste the link into an Internet browser". Anyone plz help

and best regards

Message 3 of 6 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

May 16, 2011

Wolfgang-Metzger wrote:

You should be able to change your password back to what it once was after a while, but due to security reasons, they may, or may not prevent the same password from being re-entered, but it's for your own good, really.

The best thing to do would be to use a variation of your original password, but change a couple of things, use capitals, lowercase, numbers, etc.

That's good advice. I think this incident has pointed out, among other things, the importance of good password maintenance. Hell, at work when I change my password it can't be the same as one of my previous 24 passwords.

Message 4 of 6 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

May 16, 2011

Draco_Invictus wrote:

Wolfgang-Metzger wrote:

That's good advice. I think this incident has pointed out, among other things, the importance of good password maintenance. Hell, at work when I change my password it can't be the same as one of my previous 24 passwords.

All of my passwords for all of my accounts (PlayStation, Email, Chat services, etc.) are completely different and usually range between 15 to 20 characters, some times a little more.

Strangely, I've never had to write any of them down.

Message 5 of 6 (379 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 17, 2011

hey, the link you had is expired; that why the message"

There is a problem resetting your password. Please click the link again or copy and paste the link into an Internet browser.

Message 6 of 6 (379 Views)
0 Likes