Apr 02 2013
By: ReyReyloads First Son 4 posts

~~Question Regarding Darksiders 2 and DLC

4 replies 558 views Edited Apr 2, 2013

Hello,

I recently bought a Darksiders 2 DLC.  This was before I had learned about THQ going out of business.  After downloading and installing the DLC, I played the game but I wasnt given any notification of how to start the new DLC ( Abyssal Forge ).  After exploring around, trying to find a start to the DLC, I gave up and thought that perhaps I was too far into the game to play it.  

Now after learning of THQ going under, and other people's DLC codes not working, I am wondering if the DLC that I bought doesnt exist.  

I am wondering if this is the case or not.  Can you buy a DLC and have it not work because the company is out of business? 

Thank you for you help,

Cole

Message 1 of 5 (558 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6272 posts

Re: ~~Question Regarding Darksiders 2 and DLC

Apr 2, 2013

DLC that comes inside a Box will not work when the company is Folded/Closed/Shutdown....

All vouchers for online pass, DLC, pre-orders codes are terminated by the Issuing region..  

DLC that is purchased on the Store will work.

DLC purchased from the USA PSN store WILL NOT work with Games from the wrong region as all DLC is region locked.

BLUS XXXXX = US BD + US account = US DLC = Play DLC

BLES xxxxxx = EU BD + US account = US DLC = NOT playing DLC..

BLES xxxxxx = EU BD + EU account = NO DLC = NOT playing DLC.. As EU has continued deleting THQ content. 

The Region code of the BD your playing is printed on the BD Box and the BD itself..

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube

Fix your 3.5mm headset mic issues with a solution....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Click Here <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode

Message 2 of 5 (552 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 2, 2013

I see.  I understand a little more now.  So pretty much all everything that is on the PSN store should be working.

Im in the replay mode now in the game.  If I still have trouble getting it to start, I'll try re-installing it.  If that still doesnt work I'll contact a different line of support.  

Thanks again

Message 3 of 5 (550 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9394 posts

Apr 2, 2013

The DLC is accessed from the main menu, in the extra`s menu, you will see an option to select game, after you click on it, you can choose the main game or any other DLC you downloaded, once you click on it, the game will change to the DLC, and you can start the dlc like any normal game.

Message 4 of 5 (542 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
27483 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

THQ is not out of business yet.  It still has unsold franchises, and is operating under bankruptcy protection during liquidation.  The Darksiders franchise has not been sold yet.  It is scheduled to be auctioned later this month.  Until then, nothing has changed.  You can still buy the game, and the DLC, from the Playstation Store. Even after the franchise is sold, the new owner will probably want to continue selling it.  That is part of the return in its investment. The THQ liquidation doesn't really matter.  The Playstation Store takes its fees from the purchase price, so the credit-worthiness of the publisher is irrelevant to Sony. Sony has no credit risk.  Sony won't remove content from the Playstation Store unless Sony believes that it no longer has the legal right to distribute it.  When an IP is sold, the buyer normally assumes any legal commitments associated with the property; including distribution and retail contracts.  The new owner could remove the content from the Playstation Store, as THQ could; but why would they?  It is making money, and it is the return on their investment.

Even if the franchise was left in the hands of a defunct company, that would not affect your ability to run DLC that is already downloaded and installed.  If the DLC ever worked, then it will still work now. It would have to match the region of your disk. You should be able to access the Abyssal Forge campaign in the Downloadable Content section of the main menu of the game.

GKP
Message 5 of 5 (535 Views)
0 Likes