Highlighted
Jul 22 2011
By: marche4life First Son 9 posts

Qriocity Account Question

9 replies 190 views Edited Jul 22, 2011

I created an new account and signed in to Qriocity to add funds to wallet, now its asking me to fill in billing info like credit card....I do not want to add a credit card. now i cannot access the PSN on my PS3.... is there any way around this without adding a cedit card.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 10 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Re: Qriocity Account Question

Jul 22, 2011

If you aren't using a credit card, how are you planning to fund your wallet?  If you have a PSN card you should be able to redeem it directly through the PS3.

Message 2 of 10 (190 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41732 posts

Jul 22, 2011

ProfessorTripp wrote:

If you aren't using a credit card, how are you planning to fund your wallet?  If you have a PSN card you should be able to redeem it directly through the PS3.

Yep, I'm 100% with the Prof on this, if not using credit card then no need to go to account at all, just redeem [PSN Card through the PS3/PSN Store.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 3 of 10 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Jul 22, 2011

marche4life wrote:

I created an new account and signed in to Qriocity to add funds to wallet, now its asking me to fill in billing info like credit card....I do not want to add a credit card. now i cannot access the PSN on my PS3.... is there any way around this without adding a cedit card.

Thanks.

If you cannot access the PSN on your PS3, what will you use the funds for?

And in the qriocity site, you go to add a prepaid card or promotion code, it still asks you for cc info?

Message 4 of 10 (190 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jul 22, 2011

I created an account through Qriocity.... added funds using prepaid card....then when I log on to playstation it wont allow me to use the account. Just need to know how I can access account through playstation without using credit card info .

Message 5 of 10 (190 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41732 posts

Jul 22, 2011

marche4life wrote:

I created an account through Qriocity.... added funds using prepaid card....then when I log on to playstation it wont allow me to use the account. Just need to know how I can access account through playstation without using credit card info .

Are you receiving an error message or any kind, what actually happens when you try to log in on your PS3?

You really should ebe able to log in on your PS3 with the same details (email address & password) you used on Qriocity.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 6 of 10 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Jul 22, 2011

marche4life wrote:

Are you by any chance trying to sign in to the newly created account while logged into an existing user profile that is already linked to a different PSN account?  If so, you need to create a new user under the Users category, then follow the sign up instructions for PSN.  Use the option to sign in with an existing account, and enter your newly created login email address and password.

Message 7 of 10 (190 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 23, 2011

I have this same issue. I created a new account on Quoicity (not this psn id), but when I try to login on playstation.com, it says it needs me to edit details of the new account on Quoicity, but I have already check (added billing address, etc.) and it still wont let me access playstation.com with this new account.

Message 8 of 10 (190 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 23, 2011

Get this error message when trying to login to PSN with new Qriocity Account:

Your Qriocity account requires additional information to access the PlayStation®Network. Please go to

http://www.qriocity.com/account/ and update your account, then try again Your Qriocity account requires additional information to access the PlayStation®Network. Please go to http://www.qriocity.com/account/ and update your account, then try again

So is it a requirement to have CC on file to use Qriocity account on PSN, if so why is it that PSN-site created accounts dont have to do this???

Message 9 of 10 (190 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 23, 2011

Found I had to "Update Account Playstation Network Account" information under PS3 Devices on Qriocity.com account managment site. No CC info required (initially).

Message 10 of 10 (190 Views)
0 Likes