First Son
10 posts

Re: Q&A for Welcome Back Package!

Jun 4, 2011

Both my sister and I share a PS3, but we both have seperate PSN accounts. Does this mean we'll be able to get four free PS3 game downloads, or is it just two per console? & does this mean that if she gets the free 30-day Plus account, I won't be able to?

Message 81 of 549 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 4, 2011

where is my welcome back? nothing showing up for me or says cant add to this account WTF.  I cant even access my old name had to make one up when you guys first went back up.

Message 82 of 549 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jun 4, 2011

OGkingx and others.  You can only get the Welcome Back package if you created an account before April 20th (or before the PSN went down (I think)).

Question:  If I download a psp game can I use it on a regular psp (not psp go)?

Message 83 of 549 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Q: I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do?
A: If you navigate away from the Welcome Back section of the store without choosing your free games or exit the store completely you may need to follow the below in order to choose and download your free games.

1. On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB
  2. Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List
  3. Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed
  4. Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”

I don't have a PS3 or a wireless connection. What's a Media Go user supposed to do?

Message 84 of 549 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 4, 2011

AaronTheTeen wrote:

Question:  If I download a psp game can I use it on a regular psp (not psp go)?

I answered this. Yes, I have a PSP-3000(the newest version of the PSP before the PSPGo), I have downloaded multiple games from the Store with it, and they all work fine.

Message 85 of 549 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Ok, and so, if I bought my ps3 just a bit AFTER the outage, and I was in the same boat as EVERYONE ELSE, I'm not a customeer like them? So, someone who bought a ps3 in April 19, 2011 is a customeer who DESERVES all the WBP package, and someone who bought on April 21, 2011, is not?I bought mine just a few days after (April 27, 2011), but, as I had bought just one game (tekken 6, it gets to boring after sometime if you don't have online play and don't have 2 controllers to play with friends!), and what happened? after some HOURS of gameplay, I just got bored, and as I didn't had psn to play online, home to get some fun or store to try some demos or buy anything else, I just packed my ps3 back, left it on my closet, and just re-opened it again a few days after the psn came on!

This means I bought a ps3, and, for my first 3 weeks of ps3, I was just unnable to use some of the most cool features on it! I know it's not sony's fault, not my fault, and not even old customeers fault. But why some who had the SAME downtime I had can get a cool welcome back program, and I'm just split away (and I'm not the only one), even when I considered getting a ps3 because I think psn is better than the other console online systems, and not getting the other console wich had it's online systems all going by the time I choosed a ps3?

Really nice to see that sony is spliting users who were affected on the same problem just cause a matter of DAYS.

TY Sony, I'm not able to get on the wbp cos I just had the money for my ps3 a few days after the outage!

PS_Gopher wrote:

For answers about the Welcome Back Package, please read our helpful Q&A!

Q: What’s in the Welcome Back Program?
A: To start, all PSN members who had signed up before the outage (April 20, 2011) will be able to select two games for the PS3 and two games for the PSP systems.

Message 86 of 549 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
227 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Having basically the same problems getting the free games as everyone else, although I also get same error while trying to enter "account management."

So far this "welcome back" package is a fiasco and starting to resemble a flaming bag of dog poop on a door mat.

So Sony, as i'm not feeling very "welcomed back", I was wondering if I can get a free kick to the groin instead...It would be much quicker and less painful. Thanks

Jackal

-Marshmallow for brains-
Message 87 of 549 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 4, 2011

I'm in the exact same situation that you are and would also like to know how we can get a proper "Welcome Back".

Said that, I suggest 2 ways of compensation:

1st. Although I doubt that this will even be considered, get credit equivalent to the games offered(say $15 for each, or $30 total).

2nd. Get 3 months of plus for each game that we didn't redeemed.

Message 88 of 549 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Jun 4, 2011

4-Jun-2011

Dude, are you seriously asking this question? The welcome back package is for people that actually had sensitive information on the playstation network when the network was hacked. It is not a freebie for people who buy PS3s after the network is hacked and had no risk of information being stolen. Come on dude, use your head. You have absolutely no right to this content because you had no information stolen, or potentially stolen. You got to do better than that.

"What does a squirrel do in the summer? It buries nuts. Why? Cos then in winter time he's got something to eat and he won't die. So, collecting nuts in the summer is worthwhile work. Every task you do at work think, would a squirrel do that? Think squirrels. Think nuts." (David Brent)
Message 89 of 549 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 4, 2011

This sux!  They allow you to download 2 free games but, don't give you the choice of what game it is. What if you don't like the selection they give for you or already have them!? I wasn't TOO upset about the hack event but, this "Welcome Back" thing is rediculous. They should have given us a set amount of credit and let us have at it. That way everyone can get something they actually want and everyone's happy.

Message 90 of 549 (19 Views)
0 Likes