Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Re: Q&A for Welcome Back Package!

Jun 4, 2011

eyehate666 wrote:

Yes, download all 3 items.  I got WipEout too.  The 'demo' IS the full game, you just have to DL the "100KB Full Game token to make it so.  Many digital games with dems are this way.  For example, Modern Combat:Domination.  When I bought the full game, it only downloaded a 100KB pass token to unock all features.

OK, thanks. The demo just looked kinda small to be a locked full game. I'll do that right after I ifnish downloading inFAMOUS (525600 minutes remaining)

Message 61 of 549 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Jun 4, 2011

eyehate666 wrote:

I tied to read the FAQ carefully, but I still have one question.

I was an existing + Subscriber before all of this madness happened, therefore I have games Ive downloaded for free.  For example Sonic 2.  It has a 'start date' and an 'end date'.  If 60 days have been added to my account, why dos it stil have the same end date as it did before?  My plus runs out in 3 days, when it does will this content disappear, or just be suspended until I renew my Plus account.

The game will be unplayable if you don't have a PS+ subscription, but you can renew at any time and regain access to your content.

Message 62 of 549 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 4, 2011

when i go to the services list on the xmb it says there is no content avaliable i tried to download both games i wanted from the playstation store and got one of them to download. now with the second im stuck inbetween having the free game and being able to select which game i want can you help me out with this.. also i keep getting the error code 80710D36 every time i have to access pretty much anything playstation network wise

Message 63 of 549 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 4, 2011

That's SO UNFAIR! I wanted to create an account DURING the outage! That's not fair at all...

Message 64 of 549 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 4, 2011

hello guys!

I'm having problems to acess the "Welcome Back" content... It says: "This content cannot be acessed on your account"

I bought my ps3 in the beggining of the Sony's services outage... the point is that I since I bought I had to wait 3 weeks to start playing online Games... I would like to know if someone from Sony's support can contact me since I'm new in the community... this is my first playstation, I bought it on the end of April...

help please!

my name on PSN is: xtshooter1990

if someone can add me to help, thanks!

Message 65 of 549 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Just a suggestion for those having problems downloading the free titles...

Try to do your download during off peak hours...early in the morning or really late at night when fewer people are accessing the system.  It's likely Sony's webservers are getting overloaded with requests which are resulting in the error messages.  If you get the error message, something else you can try is hitting back once (and once only) and then pushing X to select the same option again.  You may have to do it two or three times but it does eventually go through.  Basically the system handling the requests on the other end was so busy, it did not 'see' you push the button, going and doing it again it will usually pick up where it left off.  It's nothing wrong with the system, it's just really busy.

I just tried it now, 7:30 AM PST, and I was able to select both the titles I wanted, and are now downloading.

The Playstation store is just a website...those errors you are getting are likely just timeout errors, just like if you were going to an online store's website on the day of a big sale, and everybody is trying to get in on the deals.  You just have to be persistant.

Hope this helps some of you.

I only wish Sony could have done something simular for those of us that lost the other o/s feature of our systems, (and would have given them much better face for their customers who lost it, and make up for being sworn at by Sony's phone reps when trying to get a solution to the problem) but this is certainly better than nothing.

It only did everything.

Message 66 of 549 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21008 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Anyone else having any issues with actually running any of the games they downloaded?   I've tried inFamous and LBP for the PS3, inFamous seems to run fine, however LBP seems to run a bit choppy sometimes and the narrotor's voice stutters.  

has nayone else had this happened with their download?

Would deleting and reinstalling the game solve this problem do you think?

Message 67 of 549 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 4, 2011

It took while just to get one of the games due to an error(80431063), I won't complain too bad(seems to me, there's enough of that going on)... But the PlayStation Plus option wasn't there...

Btw, I have a PSP, if that clears any misunderstandings here, for me, at least....

Message 68 of 549 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Jun 4, 2011

ChaosRules01 wrote:

It took while just to get one of the games due to an error(80431063), I won't complain too bad(seems to me, there's enough of that going on)... But the PlayStation Plus option wasn't there...

Btw, I have a PSP, if that clears any misunderstandings here, for me, at least....

I think you have to be 18 to use PS+, even if it's free.

Message 69 of 549 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 4, 2011

This works if you backed out of selecting a game before actually downloading it and can't get back to select it. I made that mistake and I followed the insructions below and it worked. The key is to be patient, the store is just getting hammered right now with requests. That's why you keep seeing errors, but if you try over and over the error will disappear. When you actually get to where you are picking a game, and you select the "get now" it seems like it's not doing anything, but just wait, a download screen will come up eventually.

My best advice is to wait a few days until the store isn't so burdened. Or do it in the middle of the night.

Q: I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do?

A:   If you navigate away from the Welcome Back section of the store  without  choosing your free games or exit the store completely you may  need to  follow the below in order to choose and download your free  games.

1. On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB
  2. Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List
  3. Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed
  4. Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”
Message 70 of 549 (20 Views)
0 Likes