Sackboy
498 posts

Re: Q&A for Welcome Back Package!

Jun 4, 2011

So pick another game. you're getting mad because you already bought one of the free games listed? Really?

"What does a squirrel do in the summer? It buries nuts. Why? Cos then in winter time he's got something to eat and he won't die. So, collecting nuts in the summer is worthwhile work. Every task you do at work think, would a squirrel do that? Think squirrels. Think nuts." (David Brent)
Message 91 of 549 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 4, 2011

I have lost a ticket. I chose Super Stardust HD from the list with ”Get Now” but it didn’t give me a download prompt.
I went back to check on my SCEA Promotion status and it says I have only 1 ticket left. Now, I went back to the store to download Super Stardust manually, but it only gives me the BUY NOW option instead of download. My ticket is spent while it did not register that I had chosen SSHD. It also DOES NOT APPEAR in my download list. Free Game 1 does also not appear anymore.

You know, usually there is supposed to be an icon, a bag, for purchased content so you can download them any time from the store. This time, even though I redeemed SSHD, it does NOT show the icon and it prompt me to a payment screen with BUY NOW. It does not have the icon in the welcome back games list nor in the regular store sections.

This is NOT a case of a dissapearing ”Free Game 1/2” menu screen. I actually lost a ticket…And please don’t spam that SCEA Promotion thingy because that is not the solution as described above. I actually lost a ticket without it registering anything. It does show that I have claimed a free promotional game in transaction list. The only think I can conclude from this is, is that PSN does not recognize me as having purchased SSHD already.

I'm not the only person with this problem. Is this problem noted and is this problem being worked on?

Message 92 of 549 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jun 4, 2011

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but while I have access to (and have downloaded) the two PS3 games I decided on, there is no option whatsoever to obtain PSP games? I've checked the entire store thoroughly, and the only two options in the Welcome Back area are both relating to Playstation Plus. I have also tried accessing it via the PC program Media Go, which has three movies available under Welcome Back, but no games.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Message 93 of 549 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Does anybody know whether or not I can download inFamous later? I already "purchased" my two games and they show up in the download list. Will they STAY in the list after the promotion is over? Thanks!

Message 94 of 549 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Ok so I have this problem,First I downloaded the token to get the first free,I picked InFAMOUS,when I picked it it didn't show up in the download management section on the XMB,same thing happened to my second free game,LittleBigPlanet.The I tried going in the service list and there was the SCEA Promotion thing but when I choose it it read "Remaining : 0"

I somebody could help me I would apreciate it a lot,I have been looking forward to those 2 games for quite some time!

Thanks,ChEnChooPR

Message 95 of 549 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Little upset I don't get anything here. I didn't have a PS3 before the great debockle but bought one soon after. I had to wait 2 weeks to sign up. I was still inconvinenced but I don't get 2 games to show for it.

Message 96 of 549 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 4, 2011

I was downloading inFAMOUS. It completed & installed. When I went to my games folder it was listed as corrupted file. I restarted my PS3 and when I came back it still showed me the broken file.

So I went back into the Welcome Back Package link. Wanted to see if the Dead Nation would work. I went to the icon & it told me to download the PS3 - 2 Game. So I did. Went to the Dead Nation and nothing worked. It wouldn't let me download the file.

So I get out of the store. Come back and now I only have 2 PSP 2 icons to choose from. No PS3 games.

Also during this time i'm still getting those error messages.

Which contact email @ Playstation Network do I use to help me out?

Thank you!

D

Message 97 of 549 (19 Views)
    0 Likes
    First Son
    1 posts

Jun 4, 2011

It says to go to:" Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List"     if you have a problem with your download.  That didn't work for me.  I tried to DL Infamous, but I got an error that my HD didn't have room for it.  I got out of the store and deleted some demos and such. My compimemtary game download Number 1 was missing.  i wasn't about to attempt using my frre game DL # 2 until I got # 1 straightened out.  Then I found that suggested branching operation above, but when I got to the service list, it said 0 available.  I back off a level and saw Download List.  So I tried that and the link to start downloading Infamous was there.  It looks like it is working, so far.  The branching operation was more like this: " Account Management > Transaction Management > Download List> Infamous."  

Message 98 of 549 (19 Views)
    0 Likes
    First Son
    3 posts

Jun 4, 2011

and did someone who bought it's ps3 on April 19 and activated a psn account on that date had ANY risk on it's info being stolen? So it's a intrisical right for anybody who bought the ps3 on April 19 to get the stuff, even not having any risks to their infos, but those who bought a bit later... well, screw em...

Starbreaker wrote:

4-Jun-2011

Dude, are you seriously asking this question? The welcome back package is for people that actually had sensitive information on the playstation network when the network was hacked. It is not a freebie for people who buy PS3s after the network is hacked and had no risk of information being stolen. Come on dude, use your head. You have absolutely no right to this content because you had no information stolen, or potentially stolen. You got to do better than that.

"What does a squirrel do in the summer? It buries nuts. Why? Cos then in winter time he's got something to eat and he won't die. So, collecting nuts in the summer is worthwhile work. Every task you do at work think, would a squirrel do that? Think squirrels. Think nuts." (David Brent)
    Message 99 of 549 (19 Views)
    0 Likes
    First Son
    3 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Here is the issue that I am having with the whole"When your account was created"  scenerio. I have been with PS for 3 plus years now. I decided that during the "Blackout" I wanted to start over and start fresh. I did have some trophies but honestly I just like to play the games and trophies asre not that big of a deal for me. The few peopel that were left fro when I started 3 years ago  I let them know of what I was doing and that I wold connect with them once I got my new account. So Know even though of my time with PS and I deleted my old account(I have tried to get it back but I cannot) I am stuck with out being able top get the "Welcome Back" awards that I should get. Had I been aware that this woudl of been a issue I obviously would of never of deleted my old account. Doesn't seem right that I am getting punished for this.

Message 100 of 549 (19 Views)
    0 Likes