Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 24 2013
By: lols6842 First Son 2 posts

Psn store Problem :(

3 replies 123 views Edited Feb 24, 2013

It is My Brothers Birthday today so I Bought a psn card for him. I said to my little brother to go through the store to find something he wants to buy. He then acidently bought   Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories without knowing I already have This Game on disk. He is very upset because he thinks he has wasted the money i gave him so i said i would contact sony to see if there is a possible solution. I have spent alot of money in the psn store and have never had a problem before. I hope i can get this solved soon.

Psn-  Lols6842

Email Lols6842@gmail.com

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (123 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28640 posts

Re: Psn store Problem :(

Feb 24, 2013

lols6842 wrote:

It is My Brothers Birthday today so I Bought a psn card for him. I said to my little brother to go through the store to find something he wants to buy. He then acidently bought   Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories without knowing I already have This Game on disk. He is very upset because he thinks he has wasted the money i gave him so i said i would contact sony to see if there is a possible solution. I have spent alot of money in the psn store and have never had a problem before. I hope i can get this solved soon.

Psn-  Lols6842

Email Lols6842@gmail.com

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Unfortunately all sales from the PlayStation Store are generally considered final & no refunds are given, especially as the error although unintential was your fault.

Here's the number for Sony customer service, give them a call & see what they say, there's no harm in trying.

Good luck.

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (116 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 24, 2013
Not trying to be funny but why does it say on https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/344/~/requesting-a-refund#1 that if a child has purchased you are happy to help
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (111 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28640 posts

Feb 25, 2013

lols6842 wrote:
Not trying to be funny but why does it say on https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/344/~/requesting-a-refund#1 that if a child has purchased you are happy to help

The quote you have linked says the following:

My child purchased something without my knowledge.

Uh-oh, it looks like the kids have been spending mom or dad's hard-earned money without permission! We're happy to help you out with this issue; just follow these steps:

1. To prevent this from happening in the future, you may want to consider removing your billing informationenabling a password at checkout from the PSN Store, or creating a Sub Account for your child.
  2. Now that you're aware of a few of the ways you can protect your account, please contact us so that we may investigate your issue further.

Sony are very happy to help, to help prevent this kind of thing from happening again, not necessarily refund you for your error.

I suggest you contact Sony customer support as I have already suggested, only they can help you out with a possible refund.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (99 Views)