Apr 03 2012
By: Scrapla First Son 7 posts

Ps3 wont go online same time as my PC

3 replies 163 views Edited Apr 3, 2012

I can only use my pc or my ps3 seperate to get online if both are hooked up my ps3 will not work but my pc works fine. I tried assigning my ps3 a static IP which shows it succeeded but the Internet connection always fails. I went into my cmd prompt on my pc and obtained my ip along with my default gateway but the ps3 will still only work if my pc if offline. Please help.

Message 1 of 4 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Re: Ps3 wont go online same time as my PC

Apr 3, 2012

Use the automatic settings on your PS3. Restart your router. If you've changed the security settings on your router, then make sure MAC Address Filtering is turned off.

If it's a router that you bought from a store, then check the manufacturer's website for a software update. You can find the brand and model number of your router on the sticker underneath the unit.

Message 2 of 4 (163 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 4, 2012

It will work as long as nothing else is online via the same router i/e my lap top which is the only other device I use. I believe it was my Dell 610 lap top that is causing the conflict because as soon as I disconnet my Dell the ps3 logs online right away. Any suggestions on that?

Message 3 of 4 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Apr 4, 2012
  • update the router firmware
  • try a different wireless channel
  • make sure the Dell and PS3 are both using the automatic connection settings
  • update the wireless drivers on the Dell laptop
Message 4 of 4 (163 Views)