Dec 28, 2012

Ya, almost every time.

Message 11 of 21 (475 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Re: Ps3 game updates taking very long

Dec 28, 2012
This means its either our Bad luck or its Sony having issues, hopefully this gets resolved, I did ports n disabled upnp still nothing.
Message 12 of 21 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Dec 28, 2012
The more I keep reading the more angry I get because this is obviously something on their end and they will not admit it...They just have people going and changing settings unnecessarily screwing things up further!
Message 13 of 21 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Dec 29, 2012
Exactly,,, my speed on netflix has slowed so much but my automatic downloads from ps plus did download couple of updates so that's positive, try that if you have ps plus
Message 14 of 21 (418 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18735 posts

Dec 29, 2012

AVITWeb, people are going crazy changing settings because it is part of troubleshooting but they do it driven by impatience. I have read about people formatting their whole HDD in hopes that it would some how fix their connection issues to the SONY server. Yeah I know crazy. Like I have said, before, it is congestion on the networks and they know it. If you people want to feel better about this then take the time to contact SONY support and express your frustration http://us.playstation.com/corporate/contactus/ but keep in mind that there is lot more to networking than just the SONY servers and flipping the magical fix it switch.

Dante316, Netflix has nothing to do with the PSN server. The Nefflix App on the PS3 is just a mere portal to the Netflix servers. With that said, companies like SONY & Netflix who dedicate themselves to digital distribution/cloud services are bound to undergo congestion, server issues, even unexpected outages. A recent example of this is Netflix who went dark for hours due to an Amazon web service outage.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 15 of 21 (378 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 29, 2012

Xuchilbara do you work for Sony or Moderate the boards for them? If not aren't you being a bit presumptive to think the cause is the holiday season? I mean I have owned a ps3 for every holiday season since it came out, this was never an issue before.

But if you are correct about the issue, wouldn't there in theory be lulls in the traffic where the downloads would be more likely to succeed? I have checked at 12 different intervals ranging from early morning to mid morning, to midday, to evening to late night to really late night, yet absolutely no change in the projected time to download, or the connection itself...

Message 16 of 21 (374 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18735 posts

Dec 30, 2012

gdq6280 wrote:

Xuchilbara do you work for Sony or Moderate the boards for them? If not aren't you being a bit presumptive to think the cause is the holiday season? I mean I have owned a ps3 for every holiday season since it came out, this was never an issue before.

But if you are correct about the issue, wouldn't there in theory be lulls in the traffic where the downloads would be more likely to succeed? I have checked at 12 different intervals ranging from early morning to mid morning, to midday, to evening to late night to really late night, yet absolutely no change in the projected time to download, or the connection itself...

Wouldn't it be nice if I did work for SONY at the corporate level [Tuxedo Xuchilbara :smileywink:] Or as a community moderator [Community Cleanser Xuchilbara :smileyhappy:] [Sledge-ban-hammer Xuchilabra :smileymad:]

The reason I blame it on traffic congestion is because just before Christmas SONY servers were uploading files at good speeds; now it is a turtle raise. We will know for sure once Sony reports on their Christmas sales :smileytongue: Perhaps you are right, and it is worst than what I've come to assume. I normally get 4-6MB/s download speeds [as I see it on the Download Manager]

I am not trying to wash SONY's hands, for it is their responsibility/duty to maintain/upgrade their servers to satisfy the demand. Happy customers = good business; specially during this season. But I also want people to remember that just as there is much more than dialing someone over a phone,  there is much more to the connection between the PS3 & the PSN. With that said, PSN is a Free service. The right way to get their attention is by contacting Sony support directly, the forum are 99% end-users interaction. Earlier today  I called Sony support and I was told they are aware of the issue. The more calls Sony supports receive about the issue the better.

Note: I just started to download The Unfinished Swan and this is going at 1MB/s. Slower than two days ago.:smileysad:

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 17 of 21 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Dec 30, 2012

Try turning off Media Server in [Network Settings] . This seems to mess up my internet connection for updating games .

Message 18 of 21 (348 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 1, 2013

It seems as though a solution has been found, as updates are now going by smoothly for me. Has anyone else seen success yet?

Message 19 of 21 (279 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Same for me ive been trying to update battle of the playstation allstars for over a week now and I keep on getting that error code after the download screen reading 0% for hours, saying that there are still over 4000 minutes remaining. I am able to play the game offline although.  Please fix this Sony!!!

Message 20 of 21 (277 Views)
0 Likes