Jun 30 2011
By: Jaywizzlez First Son 22 posts

Ps3 and laptop

2 replies 197 views Edited Jun 30, 2011

Is there a way to connect your PS3 via Ethernet cable to your laptop and run online off the laptop's wireless? I know you can do this with xbox, so I was wondering if the Ps3 had this functianality too.

The reason for this is because Ps3 online lags at my college, but my laptop runs fine, so if I hide it behind my laptop maybe it'll fix it

thanks in advance for any help!

Message 1 of 3 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: Ps3 and laptop

Jun 30, 2011

Jaywizzlez wrote:

Is there a way to connect your PS3 via Ethernet cable to your laptop and run online off the laptop's wireless? I know you can do this with xbox, so I was wondering if the Ps3 had this functianality too.

The reason for this is because Ps3 online lags at my college, but my laptop runs fine, so if I hide it behind my laptop maybe it'll fix it

thanks in advance for any help!

I don't see why not.  You would want to use an Internet Connection Sharing utility.

I have used a 4G USB Modem, and Intel's My WiFi to share the 4G to a PS3, and things work just fine.

Message 2 of 3 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
22 posts

Re: Ps3 and laptop

Jul 2, 2011

OK well I tried doing the bridge and everything, but when i ran the internet connection test on my PS3, it got the IP address but failed to connect to the internet. I forgot what error message I got, but I got one of those 8XX etc error codes. Anyone know the reason?

Message 3 of 3 (197 Views)
0 Likes