Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 10 2013
By: MidniteMataHari First Son 3 posts

Problems trying to use a wired internet connection

3 replies 138 views Edited May 10, 2013

Lately the lag on BO2 has been too much and i just can't play. I have been using wifi but decided to hook up an ethernet connection.  When I test the net connection it fails at PSN and says incorrect email and or password at the bottom of the screen.   I don't understand what it is referring to because I hadn't tried entering any such information at this point, just testing the connection.  What do I need to do to get it to work?

Message 1 of 4 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
1107 posts

Re: Problems trying to use a wired internet connection

May 10, 2013
Until recently, whenever I tested my connection it would fail at that point, but seemed to work fine nevertheless.

Don't bother testing it, and just see if your PS3 works online, as it should. If it does, then happy days!

Message 2 of 4 (126 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 10, 2013

It will play online even though it says psn failed on the testing. I assumed it was just still connecting thru wifi!?  I don't know what's up but the lag this week has been non stop and impossible to play the game. :smileysad:

Message 3 of 4 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

May 16, 2013

you have to do a new network set up and select wired in network settings. it will still use wifi even with wired connected until you redo it. and on behalf of online gamers, thank you for going back to faster stable wired. wifi on ps3 is awful and too slow. stay wired till ps4. it will use wifi N. much faster than G, which ps3 uses. 

Equality for all
Message 4 of 4 (101 Views)
0 Likes