Highlighted
Aug 11 2012
By: saasmith First Son 3 posts

Problem with sub accounts and submitting a support request

5 replies 132 views Edited Aug 11, 2012

I have been having this problem for months and STILL have no resolution. My kid came asked again today to see if I could fix it because he wanted to sign his sister up for an account so they could play each other on Playstation Home. 

I tried to submit a support request today, but it won't let me choose a product or topic so the request won't go through. 

I have created subaccounts for my three children. One child is able to connect to the network, but the other two accounts will not. I get a message saying they are unable to use the network with those accounts and a link to this website. There is no information on this website that I can find to fix this problem. We have two PS3s in our home, so that they can play each other without having to deal with a split screen, but they have been unable to do so. What do I have to do to get them online? 

Thank you,
Sonya Smith

Message 1 of 6 (132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Re: Problem with sub accounts and submitting a support request

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

Hmm, just a thought because I had the same problem.

Each sub must have their own Email Address when signing up. For some reason the network wont allow people in the same house to use the same Email Address.

Hope that helps.

Oh yes, another thing to consider is connecting the 2nd PS3 to a router. I had to do that as well.

Message 2 of 6 (130 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 11, 2012

They do each have their own email accounts. I created those before creating the subaccounts. And the second PS3 is connected to the household router. They use it all the time to watch netflix and youtube videos. The first subaccount can connect, so I don't think it's a problem with the PS3.  The first time I reported it, I called and they said the system was down, and that it should straighten itself out in a few days, but it never did. To get around the problem, they have been using my username or his dad's on the first PS3 and the subaccount that works on the other one.  It sucks because he's unable to build up his stats for COD in his own name, and now my daughter wants to play something on playstation home and it won't let her connect either. 

Message 3 of 6 (126 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40610 posts

Aug 12, 2012

Do you possibly have Parental Controls in place that you're not aware of?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 4 of 6 (122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 12, 2012

Nope, checked those first. 

I guess I will have to call them.  I freaking hate that. I hate being on hold.  I can't submit a support question because their support contact form doesn't work. ridiculous. 

Message 5 of 6 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Aug 12, 2012

How old are they?

When I created a sub-account for a family member I had to call sony, from this I found out that a minor can have a sub account at any age but can not use the Sony Entertainment Network account to play on the Playstation Network unless they are 13 years of age or old.

If they are older than that and can still not use it, log in to the sub-account on this website: https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action 

Select devices and select PlayStation Systems and then at the bottem it will say not ready to access PlayStation Network click on that and it should be good to go.

Message 6 of 6 (116 Views)
0 Likes