Jan 07 2011
By: Pheleos First Son 2 posts

Problem with patch download speed.

4 replies 241 views Edited Jan 7, 2011

I bought Marvel vs capcom 2 on the store yesterday and when i tried to play it (after downloading and installing), it asked to patch it to the latest version. Theproblem is that, when it does, it gives me an estimated time of around 700-1200 minutes. and it takes that long to download.

Same thing happened with another game i bought off the store, but thankfully, the download was less than 5 Mb so it took around an hour or so.

Regular downloads like games or videos take normal time to download (according to my connection speed), but patches take forever to download.

Anyone help a n00b out?

Message 1 of 5 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5432 posts

Re: Problem with patch download speed.

Jan 7, 2011

I would try to disable the Media Server ( the option is in > ). Sometimes it interferes with downloads that cannot be put in the background.

--

I neither work nor speak for SCEA;
the views expressed in this message are solely my own.
Message 2 of 5 (241 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 9, 2011

didn't work :/ still stuck with this horrendous download speed TT_TT

Message 3 of 5 (241 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 24, 2011

get a fix yet?? I don't appreciate waiting 4 hours for a patch...

Message 4 of 5 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Jan 25, 2011

Might be a slow day for servers. 1st time this has occured to you guys? if not try to remember when it started to happen and any recent changes on your systems and computers and PS3

Q: My console’s not working, can I find help here?
A: There is no official technical support on these forums. Any support you receive is unofficial advice coming from your peers. We recommend you check the Knowledge Center for help with your hardware/game issue. (I may not always reply right away... I play games too you know)---
Message 5 of 5 (241 Views)
0 Likes