Feb 26 2013
By: halasterbc2 First Son 16 posts

Problem with automatic funding with dc universe online

2 replies 129 views Edited Feb 26, 2013

Hi. I had my automatic funding option off, and today i just received an e-mail stating that yesterday i purchased a month of dc universe legendary membership. I have no idea how that happened, and i didn't make the purchase. Is there any in game option i'm not aware of? I'm not interested in a month membership right now and i'd like a refund, canceling the legendary membership. Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 3 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
27494 posts

Re: Problem with automatic funding with dc universe online

Feb 26, 2013

You made a mistake.  Turning off automatic funding is not the same as canceling the subscription.  Turning off automatic funding just means that your credit card won't be used to add funds to your wallet automatically in order to renew a subscription when it expires.  If your wallet happens to have enough money in it already to pay for the renewal, then the subscription will renew unless you cancel it; regardless of the automatic funding setting.  If you don't want a subscription to renew, then you have to cancel it.  Not just turn off automatic funding.  As the mistake was yours, you are not entitled to a refund; but you have nothing to lose by asking anyway.  You can't ask here though. Any refund requests must be made by phone.  800-345-SONY.

GKP
Message 2 of 3 (121 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Re: Problem with automatic funding with dc universe online

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2013

I disagree. When i made the purchase, it said specifically "1 month subscription", and it never mentioned refunding once it would expire. That's what i bought and that's what i hoped for. I lost 15 bucks because of this shady option neither psn or dc online warned me about. I had my auto refund option off in my account management, so i thought it wouldn't happen. I didn't log in the game since i received the mail, and i still want a refund. This is simply not fair, and i'm very disappointed at the lack of transparency about this subscription. 

Edit :  I used to contact support directly by e-mail, but it seems this option is not available anymore. So thanks for the phone number. I'll try contacting them directly. 

Message 3 of 3 (117 Views)
0 Likes