May 10 2013
By: MrBanballow Lombax Warrior 135 posts

Problem with Dead or Alive 5 Cross-Goods...

13 replies 1113 views Edited May 10, 2013

... maybe PS can figure it out, since Tecmo seems to be content to ignore the issue.

Okay, so between Dead or Alive 5 (PS3) and Dead or Alive 5 Plus (Vita), there's this nice little feature called Cross-Goods, which according to the game's official website...

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/plus/us/top.html

Cross Goods
Share downloadable content!
You can use the costumes you downloaded on the PS3, so you can use your favorite costume anywhere! You can also use costumes that you download through your PS Vita on your PS3 too!

Yay! Sounds great right? Well, for the most part it is, except for the two most recent bits of DLC. First off there was the Cheerleader sets, offered as a bonus if you ordered 5 Plus (Vita) from select retailers. When the game released people were happy, except that the Cheerleader outfits couldn't be downloaded on PS3. Tecmo added a box on the game's website saying they were aware of the issue, and were working on it. Then, on April 4, they added an update...

StillDunWork

... sounds good. Except that... *Looks at calendar*... it is now May 9, and the Cheerleader costumes still aren't accessible via PS3. Then most recently, they added a new batch of swimsuits (Hot Getaway, Packs 1-3) that can be purchased on Vita...

AlsoDunWork

... see how the Hot Getaway sets can be downloaded on Playstation 3 as Cross-Goods? Except they can't. I've tried my Download List from Account Management, I've tried my Downloads in the Playstation Store, I've tried looking the game up directly in the Playstation Store (PS3 and Web Store), I've tried going to the Playstation Store through the in-game option, and I"ve tried sharing save data between the PS3 and Vita games. They do not  show up.

Could somebody at PS maybe just give Tecmo's US guys a gentle nudge or something?

Find it funny that they can't get something simple like this figured out, but they announce a new version of the game.

Viva la Adhoc Party!!!
Playing: Darkstalkers (D-19), Pangya (?-??)
Message 1 of 14 (1,113 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Re: Problem with Dead or Alive 5 Cross-Goods...

May 25, 2013

it is because the dlc limited in time was only created for vita another will be created for ps3 and vita the playstation blog said me the name of this new dlc is hot gateway contrary to the first named the private gateway so this new dlc  would be  in the planning of the playstation store but no date from the playstation blog and from the team ninja so maybe one day we will have the surprise 

Message 2 of 14 (1,029 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jul 14, 2013

And here we are on July, and there's no word on this. I'm getting mad at Tecmo Koei and Team Ninja. I bought the Private Getaway Pack, thinking I'll have it available both on DOA5+ for PS Vita, and DOA5 for PS3. I feel tricked...

Message 3 of 14 (832 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 16, 2013

yeah this is the second time i've had a problem with playstation and team ninja, the first was back on the Hotties bundle that was all wrong, sony corrected the problem by giving my money back and i'm going to attempt to get my money back for the Hot getaway pack i order back in April too. i'll let you know if i get it. i tought that all dlc ( for DOA5) was cross-goods and now that it isn't i want my money back.

Message 4 of 14 (797 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 17, 2013
sony just told me that i have to contact Team ninja or tecmo to figure it out. I don't like that answer so i'm going to keep calling until i get my money back.
Message 5 of 14 (779 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 17, 2013
I now have a refund request in. i hope i get my $17 back.
Message 6 of 14 (776 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2013

Let us know if you get it. I'm really  mad at Team Ninja and Tecmo Koei, by this.

Message 7 of 14 (768 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 17, 2013
I won't know for atleast 5 business days. I'm going to assume i'm going to get because its just going back in my Wallet, so Sony still has my money and i'm forced to spend it on the PSN.
Message 8 of 14 (765 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 18, 2013
alright i was not given my refund, so i tried what sony asked me to do call Tecmo and guess what, they want just proof i bought the pack and they'll send me a code for the ps3. they want a picture of the purchase and PSN ID sent via email to support@tecmokoeiamerica.com
Message 9 of 14 (691 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jul 19, 2013

I've written to them with the proof of purchases. Thanks for your post and I'll update when they actually respond. 

Message 10 of 14 (670 Views)
0 Likes