Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 27 2011
By: CloudedShadow First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Problem making new account...

3 replies 73 views Edited Jul 27, 2011

Ok my ps3 isn't maxed on accounts and I'm a person that can't stand numbers in my name and whatnot. It just doesn't look right IMO. With that said...I've been trying to make a new account on my Ps3. The PSN ID is 3 letters long (the minimum) and hasn't been registered or so the message tells me when I checked on the name. The problem is for whatever reason i get an error saying I cannot make the ID and even when I do try making different variations of the ID it STILL refuses to allow me to create the ID. I even went as far as throwing in several X's and whatnot and the ID STILL won't be created. I'm starting the think it might be due to the name itself but i am unsure...so if anyone can help me and see as to why it won't work. All help would be appreciated, thanks

-CloudedShadow

Message 1 of 4 (73 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30409 posts

Re: Problem making new account...

Jul 28, 2011

Sometimes Sony decides that a PSN ID is not suitable for a number of reasons, mostly because they are racist, sexist, homophobic etc etc, those are the obvious ones that come to mind, but sometimes a PSN ID can appear to be ok in every way but Sony still says no, you'll likely never find out, sorry.

Message 2 of 4 (73 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 28, 2011

Well the word definitely isn't racist in anyway I despise the ignorance that is racism but I guess i'll never know...thanks man much appreciated.

Message 3 of 4 (73 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30409 posts

Jul 28, 2011

CloudedShadow wrote:

Well the word definitely isn't racist in anyway I despise the ignorance that is racism but I guess i'll never know...thanks man much appreciated.

I'm sure it wasn't racist, sexist or anything like that, sorry you couldn't get the name you wanted though, if it makes you feel any better you're not alone, many have had to make do with another name becasue their first chosie wasn't accepted or allowed.

Message 4 of 4 (73 Views)
0 Likes