Jul 26 2011
By: Patchex Fender Bender 3128 posts

Problem making a grief Report on a Message sent via PSN XMB...

6 replies 683 views Edited Jul 26, 2011

I hope this is the right place to make this thread.

I have recieved a spam message of some one claiming free games for PSNs birthday, and everytime I try to report it, it frezzes my PS3 can a MOD or someone please help me resolve this issue? I can make a video of the problem yet I am not sure if that breaks any rules of privacy of the senders screen name or what not...

Photobucket
Message 1 of 7 (683 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18748 posts

Re: Problem making a grief Report on a Message sent via PSN XMB...

Jul 27, 2011

No.  It isn't a forum issue.  You can report violations of the PSN terms of service on the web also.

http://np.us.playstation.com/

GKP
Message 2 of 7 (683 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3128 posts

Jul 27, 2011

I did not ask if it was a forum issue, yet thank you for the link... this is a psn issue, first issue is why is someone I dont know solisitating me with spam mail about a free Infamous 2 game or LBP2 game, and why is the grief report not working and freezing my PS3... it seems like a PSN issue or maybe some kinda mail virus... or even a hacked account...(not mine yet the one who the message was sent to...) the instuctions were send to 50 or so on your friends list and you will get a code for a free game...

Photobucket
Message 3 of 7 (683 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18748 posts

Jul 27, 2011

The forum moderators only moderate the forums. They have nothing to do with managing private messages. They don't report problems of any kind that are posted here to customer service.  If you have a customer service issue, report it to customer service.  Posting it to the forum is a waste of time.  No one that has the ability to do anything outside of the forums is going to read your post.

Anyone with a PSN account can send a private message to any other PSN account.  SPAM is therefore possible. There is no need to hack an account, or use a virus.  Anyone can create as many PSN accounts as they have e-mail addresses; and the number of free e-mail addresses that one person can create is effectively unlimited. Sony will eventually lock an account that is sending SPAM, but the sender can always create another PSN account. It is not possible for Sony to prevent an account from sending SPAM the first time without placing restrictions on private messages that would impact legitimate community activity.  Everyone with a PSN account has an e-mail account, so all PSN members should know that SPAM happens.  There isn't much that anyone can do about it, so there is really no use complaining about it anywhere.  You don't have a right to a SPAM free inbox. Nobody does.

I don't know why the grief reporting is freezing your PS3.  I've never used it. If you have a problem with the PS3 System, it won't get fixed unless you report it to SCEA customer service, if then.  No one will be working on the problem no matter how many times you post a complaint about it to the forums. The forums are not a Sony support channel.  Sending SPAM isn't considered griefing anyway, so you are using the wrong support channel to begin with, although it obviously should not cause your PS3 to malfunction.  The link that I sent you is the correct one, but all it will do is result in the account being locked.  The SPAMmer will just create another PSN account.

Needless to say, the offer is not legitimate.  At best it is a Ponzi scheme where just enough free game codes will be given out to generate legitimate testimonials supporting the campaign.  Everyone else will get nothing.  Usually the people that do these things don't even bother with that. The best thing to do is to just delete it.  That is what I do.

GKP
Message 4 of 7 (683 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3128 posts

Jul 29, 2011

I did delete it...

Yet it is a problem if when I go to report it my PS3 frezzes, that to me screams virus or some kinda of block on the linix based message system... Not cool at all...

and in response to your advice... HOW the Heck are you an MVP if you have never made a grief report... Im sorry yet thats pretty rediculous...

Also I know all to well about trolls and fake Accounts, yet I find it very odd that a fourm made for a particular Community and product would not have ties... this is why there are so many problems on the PS3 and PSN... why the heck have a fourm community that does not have contact to techs of the product we are supposed to be talking and posting about... this is a thread I am linking to the fourm feed back thread... Wow what a mess...

Photobucket
Message 5 of 7 (683 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Jul 29, 2011

Patchex wrote:

I did delete it...

Yet it is a problem if when I go to report it my PS3 frezzes, that to me screams virus or some kinda of block on the linix based message system... Not cool at all...

and in response to your advice... HOW the Heck are you an MVP if you have never made a grief report... Im sorry yet thats pretty rediculous...

Also I know all to well about trolls and fake Accounts, yet I find it very odd that a fourm made for a particular Community and product would not have ties... this is why there are so many problems on the PS3 and PSN... why the heck have a fourm community that does not have contact to techs of the product we are supposed to be talking and posting about... this is a thread I am linking to the fourm feed back thread... Wow what a mess...

I don't understand why an MVP would have to make a grief report in order to be an MVP.  I've never had a reason to make a grief report on the PS3...

Message 6 of 7 (683 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3128 posts

Jul 30, 2011

I guess that MVP never got a Spam Chain Mail, or they just didn't feel the need to report it... yet that seems kinda odd to me...

Photobucket
Message 7 of 7 (683 Views)
0 Likes