May 01 2013
By: itzknickknac Splicer 86 posts

Problem: I Purchased Walking Dead Season Pass but I can't download Episode 1

[ Edited ]
5 replies 5461 views Edited May 1, 2013

I purchsed The Walking Dead - Season Pass when it went on sale after that Video Game Award (bought on 02/27/2013 to be exact). Now I'm trying to play it but it won't let me get pass the first part of Episode one (as if I'm playing a demo). 

I go to the PSN store to re-download Episode 1 but I get the "Add  to Cart" selection with the price. I was even able to download Ep's 2-5 but I cannot download Ep1. What's going on?

Back in August 2012, when Episode 1 and 2 was free for PS+ members (which I was at the time), I downloaded those two and played them. Afterwards, my subscription expired. Then I renewed my subsciption in January and today I'm still a PS+ so wouldn't I be able to have it downloadable in my account?

Message 1 of 6 (5,461 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40547 posts

Re: Problem: I Purchased Walking Dead Season Pass but I can't download Episode 1

May 1, 2013

Hey check out this Thread of mine, I had the EXACT same issue & resolved it thanks to a fellow forum member.

Here's the link: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Plus-Support/The-Walking-Dead-cannot-play-RESOLVE...

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 6 (707 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Re: Problem: I Purchased Walking Dead Season Pass but I can't download Episode 1

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

Thanks for the showing me the link. I've read what seemed to work for you. Which is going to the season pass and on the right there's the episode 1 icon that has "game page" at the bottom of the icon. I tried clicking it but there was no download option for me. It still has the "Add to cart" option. Under that it has Rate, overview, add-ons, etc. I used the search to select the Season Pass and Episode 1 but they still show as "Add to cart"

I can't find the demo to download either. Was this how your issue worked? I'm downloading each add-ons atm (ep2-5, currently on ep4)

Message 3 of 6 (700 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40547 posts

May 1, 2013

itzknickknac wrote:

Thanks for the showing me the link. I've read what seemed to work for you. Which is going to the season pass and on the right there's the episode 1 icon that has "game page" at the bottom of the icon. I tried clicking it but there was no download option for me. It still has the "Add to cart" option. Under that it has Rate, overview, add-ons, etc. I used the search to select the Season Pass and Episode 1 but they still show as "Add to cart"

I can't find the demo to download either. Was this how your issue worked? I'm downloading each add-ons atm (ep2-5, currently on ep4)

The Demo should be in your download list, yes this was what worked for me, I had played episodes 1 - 4 then saved the game then couldn't play episiode 5, I was so frustrated, but downloading the Demo again worked for me, also if you get the chance download or re-download the theme too, don't ask why just do it, some have siad that did it for them.

Come back if I / we can help further.

BRIT-KO

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 4 of 6 (692 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

I've checked "my downloads" and it's missing. I'm able to redownload Episode 2 from the time I first dl'd it (when it was free w ep1), but there's no ep1 to be found. 

I've checked my "transaction history" and it shows I have purchased it (for free) but it's not showing up in my download list.

Thanks for trying to help me, I think I'm gona have to contact customer service. I noticed there was an update for the psn store and was hoping it'd fix my problem but nope =(

Message 5 of 6 (680 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Im having a similar issue. I purchased the season pass, and had bought 2 episodes (i think) and played to season 3. I had deleted the game because it wouldnt let me download episode 4 and 5 even though I had a season pass. So I was going to reinstall the demo. But the demo is no longer available and I can't download episode 1 without paying $4.99. This is why I hate DRM and downloading content. My kids have been begging me to play for a few months, finally when I am ready, the cookies monster makes it impossible.

Message 6 of 6 (648 Views)
0 Likes