Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 18 2013
By: PAPA-PRI Lombax Warrior 177 posts

Port forward is this for jus one game?

4 replies 95 views Edited Apr 18, 2013

When you set up the port forward is it for just one specific game or is it for all online gaming? do you have to change your settings on your modem for different games? what i am trying to do is give my ps3 a static IP address an do the DMZ and all that to get rid of the lag but i was wondering if that is for all online games or just the one

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Re: Port forward is this for jus one game?

Apr 18, 2013

first if you DMZ your router forget about port fowarding, you just opened wide open ALL your 65,536 ports.

if you dont know what you are doing i strongly suggest you to not turn on DMZ.

to answer your question "When you set up the port forward is it for just one specific game or is it for all online gaming?"

the answer is, it's for all online gaming that'll use the same port as you just port forwarded.

if you experiencing too much lag, you should start by reseting your router to factory default by holding the reset pin behind your router for like 10 secondes. then be sure upnp is ON, and test it out.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Cyb3rfr34k-iso wrote:

first if you DMZ your router forget about port fowarding, you just opened wide open ALL your 65,536 ports.

if you dont know what you are doing i strongly suggest you to not turn on DMZ.

to answer your question "When you set up the port forward is it for just one specific game or is it for all online gaming?"

the answer is, it's for all online gaming that'll use the same port as you just port forwarded.

if you experiencing too much lag, you should start by reseting your router to factory default by holding the reset pin behind your router for like 10 secondes. then be sure upnp is ON, and test it out.

i have try that and it did help a little, but still some lag, and acording to activision support site, i need to do both, turn on the DMZ and the port forward, i just didn't know if it was for that specific game or all online gaming, but thanks for the help

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Apr 18, 2013

hmm its impossible to do both at same time, cuz when you in DMZ mode all your port is open.

they probably said something like; you'll need to do port fowarding OR DMZ if nothing scare you :smileywink:

but yeah if you already tried to reset your router, then go in your router menu, go in port foward "tab" and open all port activision is telling you to open like; port 10000 to 10010, port 80... idk what port they are listing you to open.

if you need any more help just message me.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Apr 18, 2013

thak you ill do,, ill try that

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (85 Views)
0 Likes