Jan 08 2012
By: Jiminycricket62 First Son 4 posts

Please help, corrupt?

5 replies 148 views Edited Jan 8, 2012

Just played a guy at fifa, afterwards he messages some silly abuse and I give a bit back. It all goes quiet and I move on to the next game, my playstation then freezes for the first time ever, can he possibly have done anything, there werent any attachments in the messages im aware of...

turned off by pressing button(as I always do) but for the first time got a corruption test. Only took a second and have played a game since, but have noticed my firewall has gone from moderate to restrictive. Has something happened or massive coincidence?

Message 1 of 6 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Re: Please help, corrupt?

Jan 8, 2012

Probably coincidence. The PS3 prompts for a file system check if it notices an improper shutdown. You should still take precautions like making sure all your passwords that you use on the internet are different, and making sure your game save backups are up to date.

If you need help getting a more open connection from your PS3 to the internet, have a look at my FAQ.

Message 2 of 6 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 8, 2012

Thanks for quick reply pal.  So what exactly can these people do? Once when I was entered in a private game of mw2, some guy realised I wasnt one of his mates, sent me a message saying my playstation was about to freeze and it promptly did?? Now thats more understandable as I was in his gameand not back in the main menus, but if I cant do that to other people how do they do it?

Message 3 of 6 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 8, 2012

When you say improper shutdown, does that mean the crash too. I always just press the button even when games are running and have never had a improper shutdown message..

Message 4 of 6 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Jan 8, 2012

When everything is functioning properly, you can turn the PS3 off by pressing the power button once and waiting for the PS3 to carefully turn itself off. When the PS3 freezes, sometimes it is necessary to hold down the power button until the PS3 turns off abruptly; this will result in the file system check when you turn the PS3 on again. You will also get the check if the power goes out.

I would avoid exchanging abusive text messages. Instead, I recommend you report the offender. Exit any games you are in; highlight the message; press Triangle; and choose "Grief Report". A copy of the message is then sent to moderation. The same can be done against you, so resist sending a nasty reply.

Message 5 of 6 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
4 posts

Jan 8, 2012

Nothing abusive mate, just the usual ur a noob, no ur a noob crap, I dont even know what that means so im not exactly a troll!

Message 6 of 6 (148 Views)
0 Likes