Nov 04 2012
By: DarKlyern First Son 3 posts

Please fix error 80029564 already

5 replies 1299 views Edited Nov 4, 2012

I just bought Assassin's Creed 3 four days ago and tried every solution people posted to error 80029564, i donwloaded it over 6 times and its still not going past 14% at installation.

This error is old as hell and you still dont supply any type of fix, all fixes i found were by community users and none worked, so solve this bug or find a fix already before you start loosing your customers.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (1,299 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3573 posts

Re: Please fix error 80029564 already

Nov 5, 2012

Hello DarKlyern,

I'm one of the bunch having the same problems with AC3.  The file downloads, but yet Error 80029564 hinders us to go through with the installation process.  That Error stops at 14% on every attempt.  My solution was a series of this and that.  However, I didn't quite get the full guide on how to come upon a fix. 

This was is my unfinished tips, and I hope it helps you.

1. I disabled my UPnP and directed a DMZ to my Playstation 3.  (Didn't work)
  2. I left DMZ open and enabled UPnP.  (Didn't work)
  3. I disabled DMZ, port forwarded these ports in my router.  You can get the full details Here.
  4. Then for the kicks, I just went ahead and addressed my Playstation 3 with the DMZ again.  This isn't really needed, but I did this anyway.
  5. I went into Network Settings > Internet Connection Settings.  From there, and this is very important when downloading a file over 1GB in my book.  I hard wired from my router to the PS3.  The settings I applied are below for this section (#5)
  • Select a setting method:  Custom
  • Select a connection method:  Wired Connection
  • Select the operation mode of the network device:  Auto-Detect
  • IP Address Setting:  Manual

IP Address:  192.168.1.218 (Note:  That is your choosing.  Whatever IP you put for the DMZ, and/or Port fowarding)

Subnet Mask:  255.255.255.0  or it could be 255.255.254.0

Default Router:  192.168.1.1 And that is what you put because this is the router we're talking here.

Primary DNS:  192.168.1.1 Same as above.
Secondary DNS:  0.0.0.0

• Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU)  And I set this option to Automatic.
  • Proxy Server:  Do Not Use.
  • UPnP:  Disable
  • Press X button to save your settings, and do a Test Connection after the PS3 saves. (Save completed)

After doing all that it should read:

• Obtain IP Address:  Succeeded
  • Internet Connection:  Succeeded
  • PlayStation®Network:  Succeeded
  • UPnP:  Disabled
  • NAT Type:  Type 2
  • CS (Download) Depending on your download speed.
  • CS (Upload)  Depending on your upload speed.

As it states on the bottom part that the connection speed reults are estimates and are provided as a reference only, and I pushed circle to exit.

After that I went on down to Media Server Connection.  This setting sets whether or not to connect to media servers.  Home Computer through I believe windows media player.  I personally don't use that. 

I went through other trouble shooting option from the top of my head.  For example, I wired directly from the ISP modem and downloaded it that way.  Like all my other attempts, it sadly didn't work.  So this is why I went through all said above.  Now I'm downloading on those settings I applied to the router and PS3.

I do know that downloading a file of that size is going to have a huge chance for packet loss.  So downloading, I'm simply downloading about 100 to 150 Megs, then pausing the download for about 2 mintues then I carry on another 150.  Or if you happen to be watching and see your download speed come to a slower than usual speed, pause it.  Wireless isn't stable enough for a constant 11GB download in my book.  It's also recommened to check with your ISP to make sure they arn't blocking ports needed for PSN experiance.

I know that was a lot of reading.  I trimmed it up as much as possible and I truly hope this helps you. 

DarKlyern wrote:

I just bought Assassin's Creed 3 four days ago and tried every solution people posted to error 80029564, i donwloaded it over 6 times and its still not going past 14% at installation.

This error is old as hell and you still dont supply any type of fix, all fixes i found were by community users and none worked, so solve this bug or find a fix already before you start loosing your customers.

-~CheetahJustice ︻╦╤─ - - - - ) ) )
Bambi-01us
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (1,247 Views)
Sackboy
406 posts

Nov 5, 2012

good info Bambi.Awesome sig!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (1,215 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3573 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2012

Guide to Fix the 80029564 Error

1. I disabled my UPnP and directed a DMZ to my Playstation 3.  (Didn't work)
  2. I left DMZ open and enabled UPnP.  (Didn't work)
  3. Port forward these ports in your router.  You can get the full list of ports needed at PlayStation Knowledge Center.
  4. I personaly just went ahead and addressed my PlayStation 3 with the DMZ.  This isn't really needed, but I did this anyway to ensure my PlayStation was for sure connected to the internet to the fullest.  If you do enable the DMZ, becareful on using the PlayStation 3's web browser.  When DMZ is enabled, it's completely open to the internet.
  5. Head into Network Settings > Internet Connection Settings.  This is found under Settings via the PlayStation 3's XMB.  From there, (and this is very important when downloading a file over 1GB in my book)  hardwire from your router to the PS3.  The settings I applied are below for this section (#5)
  • Select a setting method:  Custom
  • Select a connection method:  Wired Connection
  • Select the operation mode of the network device:  Auto-Detect
  • IP Address Setting:  Manual

IP Address:  192.168.1.218 (Note:  That is your choosing.  Whatever IP you put for the DMZ, and/or Port fowarding)

Subnet Mask:  255.255.255.0  or it could be 255.255.254.0 - - - - Whatever one it is for you.

Default Router:  192.168.1.1 And that is what you put because this is the router we're talking here.

Primary DNS:  192.168.1.1 Same as above.
Secondary DNS:  0.0.0.0

• Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU)  Set this option to Automatic.
  • Proxy ServerDo Not Use.
  • UPnPDisable
  • Press X button to save your settings, and do a Test Connection after the PS3 saves. (Save completed)

When complete it should read:

As it states on the bottom part that the connection speed reults are estimates and are provided as a reference only, and then simply push circle to exit out.

After that skip on down to Media Server Connection.  This setting sets whether or not to connect to media servers.  Home Computer through I believe windows media player.  I personally don't use that.  I believe it bugs the connection up.

Hook the PlayStation 3 system to your computer using it's shared internet connection via hardwire.  Stay away from wi-fi as much as possible when downloading a big file like Assassin's Creed® lll.  Then, simply go into the PlayStation Store, (Do not use account management, it didn't work for me) and go to the downloads tab to get to your needed download.  Don't go into background download, it won't work.  It always lead me to corrupt data.

Now there are a few other features I had to tweek in the router.  Some routers don't have the features mine does but I'll list them anyway.  I'm running on a Netgear.  I disabled IGMP Proxying, and disabled SIP ALG.  If you don't use Voice-Over, I'd disable that feature.(SIP ALG)  These features ...

Troubleshooting I played with:

I went through other troubleshooting options from the top of my head.  For example, I wired directly from the ISP modem, and tried to download it that way.  Like all my other attempts, it sadly didn't work.  So this is why I went through all said above.  Now I'm attempting to download on those settings I applied to the router and PS3.

This section below isn't need if what is said above worked, but good if all else fails, and this is for (Background Downloading).

I do know that downloading a file of that size is going to have a huge chance for packet loss.  So downloading, I'm simply downloading about 100 to 150 Megs, then pausing the download for about 2 mintues then I carry on another 150.  Or if you happen to be watching and see your download speed come to a slower than usual speed, pause it.  Wireless isn't stable enough for a constant 11GB download in my book.  It's also recommened to check with your ISP to make sure they arn't blocking ports needed for PSN experiance.

-~CheetahJustice ︻╦╤─ - - - - ) ) )
Bambi-01us
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (1,209 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Nov 8, 2012
none worked
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (1,143 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
43 posts

Nov 14, 2012

I Just Got Off The Phone With Superviver And He Told Me There's Nothing They Can Do About It Unless More Calls And Complints Starting Coming And You Guys Have To Ask For The Supervior As Far As Right Now Sony WIll Not Be Fixing It Nor Doing Amything About it

photo lee1302_zps11d8821a.png
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (1,099 Views)
0 Likes