Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 31 2011
By: thooley17 First Son 2 posts

Please Help! PS3

5 replies 208 views Edited Dec 31, 2010

i have the ps3. every time i try to play online, my game quits out. (Even on Wii and other systems). like when i try to play i can for about 30 seconds or

2 mins, or some stupi d amount of time.

while in the game, it will get messed up , lose control, and the game jumps all over the place. after that it says that

there was a connection error, or something else

i was using a wireless connection while that happened. theni was getting pissed, so i went to a wired connection, but that didnt change anything besides

making an internet search faster

Please Help. What do I have to do?

PLEASE HELP

Message 1 of 6 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Re: Please Help! PS3

Dec 31, 2010

Don't see how it can happen while you have it connected directly to the modem, but I had that same problem with my PS3 until I enabled UNP(universal plug and play). That allows the the PS3 to open any ports that are needed in order the play online or connect to PSN. And if all you have running on your wireless network are game systems I would disabled the firewall on your router.  I'm no expert but these steps helped me out. Good luck.

thooley17 wrote:

i have the ps3. every time i try to play online, my game quits out. (Even on Wii and other systems). like when i try to play i can for about 30 seconds or

2 mins, or some stupi d amount of time.

while in the game, it will get messed up , lose control, and the game jumps all over the place. after that it says that

there was a connection error, or something else

i was using a wireless connection while that happened. theni was getting pissed, so i went to a wired connection, but that didnt change anything besides

making an internet search faster

Please Help. What do I have to do?

PLEASE HELP

Message 2 of 6 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Dec 31, 2010

This sounds like a problem with your interent connection, try contacting your ISP.

Message 3 of 6 (208 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1153 posts

Dec 31, 2010

Yea you can go into your router's webpage which would be 192.168.1.1 if you have a linksys router and enable upnp in the applications and games area. You can also try dmz http://adamcook.wordpress.com/2008/04/04/how-to-get-flawless-online-gaming-with-your-ps3/

Message 4 of 6 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
85 posts

Jan 2, 2011

could be a bandwidth problem, you could check your connection speed.

Message 5 of 6 (208 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1153 posts

Jan 2, 2011

Ok here's a test that will determine if it is your isp or router. Try plugging the PS3 directly into your cable/dsl modem and see if it works. Btw, who's your isp?

Message 6 of 6 (208 Views)
0 Likes