Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 08 2012
By: Revolastion_ First Son 17 posts

Playstion cant obtain Ip After Update?

3 replies 29 views Edited Feb 8, 2012

Before i updated my PS3 i checked to see if i could get some internet & i could it went to obtained ip and internet connection then it stopped

at playstion network and told me to update my ps3 then i did after it restarted my ps3 it wont even obtain the ip, it obtains the ip when i put it manual

but then it wont go to internet connection... all this started happening after i updated the ps3 any soultion guys?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (29 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Re: Playstion cant obtain Ip After Update?

Feb 8, 2012

If you're using wireless to connect your PS3 to your router, then it means your wireless connection is weak. Try my FAQ for suggestions.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 8, 2012

i seen your thing to help others with there problem but everything in there doesnt work for me :smileyindifferent:

i can go in the internet on my laptop and everything but for some reason i cant get obtain ip on the PS3 only

time the ps3 seems to be working is in the morning when the after noon comes thats when everything starts to mess

up :smileyindifferent: im using a wireless connection but i have my ethernet cord to my ps3 to give me the internet acess

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (29 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Feb 8, 2012

What router are you using? Find the brand, model and version number from the sticker underneath the router.

Does it seem to work again if you restart your router?

Are all of your computers set to connect to the internet with automatic settings? If you used static or manual IP addresses on any of your other computers, make sure they don't overlap with the ones given out automatically by your router.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (29 Views)
0 Likes