Highlighted
Apr 17 2013
By: Crazykiller711 First Son 8 posts

Playstation store issue

2 replies 173 views Edited Apr 17, 2013

I purchased a battlefield map pack yesterday and download it to my ps3, but when I try to download onto my other playstation it gives me an error message saying it has been downloaded on too many accounts (2 already activated) I know for sure that the one I purchased it on is the only one that it has been downloaded from meaning it is only on one playstaion. Is anyone else experiencing this issue and can it be resolved? I would like to get it on my other ps3 so that my brother can play it also. Thanks

Message 1 of 3 (173 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31453 posts

Re: Playstation store issue

Apr 18, 2013

Activations are not tracked for each game or DLC item.  Consoles are activated.  Not games or DLC. If you download anything that requires activation to a PS3, then that PS3 is activated under your account.  You can only have two PS3s activated under your account at a time.  You can download all of your Playstation Store game purchases to both of your activated PS3s.  You can't download any of them to any PS3 that is not activated under your account. You downloaded something to another PS3, which is now activated under your account.  It wasn't necessarily this particular DLC item.  It could have been any game or DLC item that you purchased. If you don't remember what PS3 that was, then you can clear your console activations online (https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2616/kw/Deactivate%20PS3%20PC) and start over again.  Once you do so, you can't do it again for six months, so you need to understand how activation works, and that you are not allowed to download any of your Playstation Store purchases to any PS3 that you do not personally own.

GKP
Message 2 of 3 (154 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: Playstation store issue

Apr 19, 2013

Thanks i deactivated all accounts and it let me download to other ps3

Message 3 of 3 (133 Views)
0 Likes