Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 05 2012
By: CubanTigerBlood First Son 4 posts

Playstation store an error has occurred. no numbers

21 replies 27440 views Edited Nov 5, 2012

For 2 days now I've been unable to access the psn store. all it says is an error has occurred and to quit and restart the app. updating didn't fix it and neither did uninstalling and reinstalling the store. how can I fix it?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 22 (27,440 Views)
MVP Support
17354 posts

Re: Playstation store an error has occurred. no numbers

Nov 5, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 22 (27,423 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 5, 2012
nope. still error
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 22 (27,404 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 6, 2012

fixed it. turns out it was because i forwarded the date by a few years to avoid cinavia. how ridiculous is that? anyways problem solved.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 22 (27,369 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 7, 2012

LMAO, thanks for this. My date was set to 2013.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 22 (27,326 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Ditto, worked for me too.

Check your clock is set correctly.

https://twitter.com/psynikal/status/285965732049727489

"Warning:if you set your ps3 clock forward to bypass cinavia,PSN store will crash on startup:An error has occurred with the application...."

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 22 (25,246 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Mar 3, 2013

I was having the error problem when trying to make a purchase on PSN store through PS3 but my date was set correctly and to the current time. I contacted customer support and they were clueless as to what may have been causing the problem. I had gone into my account management in the XMB and re-entered my credit card information which didn't seem to help. Then I had gone to check that my system was activated for games and movies. That didn't seem to help. Then I went online through my PC's web browser to re-enter my credit card information through the Sony Entertainment Network account managment website. I then turned off the setting for requiring a password at checkout. Immediately after that I attempted to purchase the same content I had tried to purchase again through the PSN Store through the PS3 and I still got the error. I was doing this while waiting to talk to customer support again (my call got disconnected for an unknown reason so I had to call again). Once I got in contact with customer support, I began to describe the situation to them and I had quit out of the Playstation Store. The customer support rep asked me to look at what was in my store cart so I started the PSN store again and went to the checkout page again. When I pressed X on the confirm purchase button this time I didn't get an error and the purchase went through. The only major difference about my account between when I couldn't make a purchase and when the purchase went through is that I had set the setting for requiring a password at checkout to "No" from "Yes". I will turn it back to "Yes" before making another purchase to see if I get the error again. I will update this thread with my results.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 22 (22,760 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 8, 2013

Okay so im having this exact same problem only i can't purchase anything at all... now when i try to see my cart it tells me "error occured"... when i try to purchase directly it says error occured... i can however download free games and apps... 

last night i was able to purchase mlb13 and playstation plus... but today i cant seem to buy anything... and to make matters worse i bought playstation move and all the accessories today thinking i would be able to get some ps3 move games via dl... 

**bleep** SONY....

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 22 (22,515 Views)
Splicer
60 posts

Mar 8, 2013

Same here, I cant see my cart because I am getting the error message...................Fix this already SONY

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 22 (22,507 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Apr 29, 2013

same here , anybody fixed ? how ? 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 22 (18,789 Views)
0 Likes