Aug 23 2011
By: mboda First Son 7 posts

Playstation network logging me out randomly

10 replies 107 views Edited Aug 23, 2011

I turn on my playstation and sometimes it will allow me to login to the network and sometimes it will not.  And when it does allow me to login to the network and I start playing ACB online it will randomly kick me off.  So i gave up with that and tryed to watch a blueray and it told me that there was not enough memory.  I turned off and then turned on the playstation and it still wouldn't let me on the network but after doing this several times it eventually allowed me to watch the movie.  What the heck is going on with this!!  This only started happening after I got the last update.  should I try to revert the system to factory settings and reinstalling the update?  If so how do i do this without losing all my saved game data?  Hopefully someone out there can help me, because playstation so far hasn't.  They keep telling me it is my router but all the computers in the house are ok and the router is up to date and always worked before.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (107 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Re: Playstation network logging me out randomly

Aug 23, 2011

Give us the exact error message the next time you try to watch a Blu-ray video but it refuses.

Are you using wired or wireless?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 23, 2011

the error that it durring blu-ray was that there wasn't enough memory.  this happened several times even after powering off the system.  Then for some reason it just started working (it wasn't the blu-ray because it worked on both my neighbors playstations).  The network though was giving me the message 8001050f, or something like that.  It is the error that people get when the network is down.  Durring gameplay going from multiplayer on ACB to story mode, or vise versa it states that it couldn't get trophy information.  Next it signs me out of the network and will not let me back in.  Even when i try to get on the network from the main playstaion screen it gives me the same error message 8001050F.  Wierd hu?  Only started to get this message after the update.  I may buy another router but I don't think that is the problem. by the way i am using wireless but NEVER had this problem untill this month.  thanks for any help you can give.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (107 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Aug 23, 2011

You should make sure you have the strongest possible wireless reception. Sometimes one of your neighbours gets a new wireless device, and it adds to the interference.

You should start by updating your router firmware. You need the brand, model number and version number from the sticker underneath the router. With that information, you need to search the router manufacturer's website for firmware update downloads.

You should also try changing the wireless channel on the router to channel 1 or channel 11, whichever is stronger.

The Blu-ray error is unusual. Try going into Safe Mode and using the Restore File System command to check for errors on the hard drive. You should also make sure you have free space on the hard drive, so the PS3 isn't running out of space to work with and leading to out of memory errors. http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=1488

Take a spare USB thumb drive and backup as many saved data as you can in Saved Data Utility.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 23, 2011

my signal is 100% and my router firmware is up to date.  Can I plug in an external harddrive to back up media and saved games?  If I can do that I may revert the ps3 to factory settings (although I don't know if this will get rid of the updates), and then try getting the playstation reupdated.  With this I have to try and remember my password lol!  By the way i have 60 gig left of unused space on my ps3.  like i said this is wierd.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (107 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Aug 23, 2011

Try the hard disk check in Safe Mode to be on the safe side.

You can use any USB hard drive that's formatted FAT32 and Backup Utility in the XMB. I suggest making a second manual backup using Saved Data Utility in case the Backup Utility backup fails to restore completely.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 23, 2011

okedoke!  but one question how do i put it in safe mode?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (107 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Aug 23, 2011

Visit the link I left in one of my previous posts.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 23, 2011

thanks for all your help bud!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 23, 2011

so i did all the steps and even reset my password and i am still not able to get logged into psn.  again i can go on the internet and watch netflix (after i cancel a bunch of times like the outage in april) but no go on the network.  Im at my wits end with this.  beginning to think it is the playstation..... unless the network just happens to be down right now

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (107 Views)
0 Likes