Feb 22 2013
By: Panda_Klr First Son 1 posts

Playstation network card isn't working

3 replies 852 views Edited Feb 22, 2013

I just purchased a $20 PSN card.  Whenever I enter the Pin for the card on the PSN store it says " The Prepaid Card code you entered is incorrect or is no longer valid".  I've tried to enter the code with all caps and lower case.  I have also tried to enter it using https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/cam/account/giftcard/redeem-gift-card-flow.action?execu... .  So far it has always given me the same message.  I have also tried it using my roommates ps3 and have received the same message on the playstation store.   Both accounts used were master accounts on 2 separate ps3's.  The card was activated at a local grocery store earlier this evening.  I do still have the receipts from the purchase.

Is this a new problem with the most recent PS store update?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Erron

Message 1 of 4 (852 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
28 posts

Re: Playstation network card isn't working

Feb 24, 2013

Same here.  I just got a $50 card as a gift from my family for my birthday. I tried inputing it on the  PS3 and get the "an error has occurred".  On the PC, I get  "The Prepaid Card code you entered is incorrect or is no longer valid", even though the previous screen validated it was  worth $50.   

Why, Sony, are you ruining my birthday?

Message 2 of 4 (823 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Im sure if this is a problem they are aldready aware of it and are working to fix it.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 3 of 4 (814 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Aparently there is nothing Sony can do for this error.  The card has to be returned to the retailer and re-scanned to activate it.    

Sony service may tell you to send them pics of the front, back, and original reciept, but they'll email you a week later and tell you there's nothing they can do about it.   

Message 4 of 4 (768 Views)
0 Likes