Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 12 2013
By: Optimus_Prime079 First Son 5 posts

Playstation network and Ninja Gaiden Razor's Edge

6 replies 158 views Edited May 12, 2013

Normally I don't take the time to complain, but what I'm dealing has gone from a minor nuisance to all out aggravation.

As of late, my PlayStation 3 has kept kicking me out of the network with I go to play Ninja Gaiden, the issue is much worse when I play the digital version on my PlayStation Hard Drive. It didn’t happen too often, now it’s a regular thing which promotes unreliability, which reflects poorly on Sony.

Last night I was trying to play online with a friend and I got signed out of the network, so I had to restart the machine and sign in, even then, it was slow.

Now, I’m just playing with some random people on Ninja Gaiden Razor’s Edge and every time I go to the menu that has “trials” and select “trials” it just loops the menu, it’s done this every time now.

I think what I’m so angry about is that it seems more and more these days, products are built to be unreliable and to not work, at least, this is what I’m starting to prepare myself for anytime I buy anything new these days. Normally Sony makes such great stuff that preforms very well, this network on the other hand, it’s pretty inconsistent.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (158 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: Playstation network and Ninja Gaiden Razor's Edge

May 12, 2013

Well, now I'm pretty mad, I was playing Ninja Gaiden Razor's Edge, I was doing one of the more difficult trials and actually winning, yes, I was actually beating one of those really hard trials, and what does the bloody thing do? It errors and signs me out and takes me back to the title screen. Not only that, but throughout tonight I have probably had to restart my PS3 15 - 20 times because your network keeps kicking me out. I hardly ever do play online games let alone video games due to time restriction with work and other obligations and hobbies, then the one night I decide to have a game night, and it's problem after problem. The sad thing is, in order to do the trials on Ninja Gaiden Razor's Edge; you have to be signed in. Oh, and the menu screen when I select trials from the menu, just loops the menu.

Look, I'm not all that fussy, I'm not even all that difficult to please, but I think the bare minimum your network should strive for is for people to get online to play, and STAY online until they voluntarily logout.

So, either get it together or get out of the online gaming department. All I can say is that I'm glad you don't charge for your online service.

And one more thing; if the rumors about the PS4 being entirely digital streaming and requires online access just to play, based on the network's performance tonight, all I can say is that if the rumors are true, that's is terrifying thought. I'm not trying to be a jerk, all I'm asking for is the bare minimum here and it seems that's too much to ask for.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (153 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

May 12, 2013

I'm about ready to smash my PS3 with a sledge hammer.

It's telling me it's doing an automatic update, yet I can not track the progress of it on the menu anywhere; I'd love to know how long it will take.

I'm normally very patient, but, right now, I have very little left. On top of that, there is no private email contact on this site.

I don't even know what to say now. This is a joke.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (146 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14317 posts

May 13, 2013

You do know that Ninja Gaiden 3 is a Tecmo Koei game, and that Sony had nothing to do with developing it, right?  PSN will sign you out automatically if the PS3 does not respond correctly, or in a timely manner, to standard PSN data flows.  That is likely the fault of the game.  If there is something wrong with the game, then you need to take that up with Tecmo Koei support.  There is nothing that Sony can do about it.  It isn't a Sony game, and Sony isn't going to break the PSN protocols so that they will work with broken games. Here is a link to the Tecmo Koei support page, but you should make sure that you have installed the latest game update before doing anything else.

http://tecmokoeiamerica.com/support.cfm

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (134 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

May 13, 2013

I understand that it is not made by Sony, but the issues at hand are with the network; I just got off my PS3 and it signed me out 2 consecutive times mid gameplay.

I will be looking at that link you sent, but I need to stress; these are network issues, and so I'm let to understand that's Sony's responsibility. Not to mentioned that my PS3 has been acting very obtuse in terms of keeping me signed in even when I'm not playing a game.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (129 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14317 posts

May 13, 2013

Actually, Sony is explicitly not responsible for your ability to connect to PSN. That is in the terms and conditions document for PSN.  Your ability to connect to PSN, or remain connected, can be affected by any number of factors beyond Sony's control.  Sony is responsible only for the availability of the servers.  If lots of people are being disconnected from PSN (which happens very rarely), then that is Sony's problem to solve.  If it is just you, then it is your problem to solve. Sony also has the right to sign out any user from PSN, or disconnect any console from PSN, at any time, for any reason, or no reason at all.  Your access to PSN is never guaranteed. You didn't pay anything to access PSN, so you aren't entitled to any particular access (not that there are any guarantees with XBox Live either). You don't know what the problem is, so you have no idea whether it is something that Sony can do anything about.  It isn't Sony's job to figure it out, although customer support will make an effort if you contact them directly via phone or live chat during business hours. Not every Internet connection or home network is suitable for running PSN, and Sony never guaranteed otherwise.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

May 14, 2013

The good news, I called Sony support, the nice guy on the phone was very helpful, he made some good suggestions and walked me through everything. Now it's running well, it's amazing what can be done when someone offers constructive ideas.

I think I'll phone that number if I should ever have problems again.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (100 Views)
0 Likes