Aug 04 2011
By: Iruko_Omega19 First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

Playstation network Login Problems.

[ Edited ]
8 replies 12707 views Edited Aug 18, 2015

I am not sure where to post this. And I sent a Email to Customer service and all I got back was a survey email. Basically my problem is that whenever I try to log into my account on my Ps3 it tells me I can't log in using someone elses Email. It is my email and I can still log in on my computer via the site. Whenever I try to alter my account info stuff online though for the past week the site it sends me to has been down for maitnance. Has anyone else had this issue. And if I make a new account is there a way I can transfer all that I purchased from my old account to the new one?

Mod Edit: Moved from PS General to PSN Support. - Sassyknot

Message 1 of 9 (12,707 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28740 posts

Re: Playstation network Login Problems.

Aug 4, 2011

If the PS3 says that you can't log in with someone else's e-mail, that means that the user profile that you are logged in under on the PS3 is already signed up for Playstation Network with a different PSN account.  You can't change the PSN account that you log into on the PS3 just by entering a different sign-in name when you log in to PSN.  The PS3 will let you enter any e-mail you want, but the login will never work. If you want to change the sign-in name that is associated with a PS3 user profile, you have to restore the default settings for the user profile (XMB>Settings>System Settings>Restore Default Settings), and the sign up for Playstation Network again with the PSN account that you want to use with the profile now.  Restoring default settings won't affect your game save data, but it will affect trophies.  In general, it is better to create a new PS3 user profiles to use with other PSN accounts. You can copy save data from one PS3 user profile to another, if the save data can be copied at all.

The account management function on playstation.com has been down for months, and will be unavailable until further notice.  You can still use account management on your consoles, or on the Qriocity site.

Absolutely nothing can ever be transferred between PSN accounts; including purchases, trophies, perks, and rewards.

GKP
Message 2 of 9 (12,707 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Playstation 3 not reading ps3 games or blu-rays

Jul 5, 2012

my ps3 isn't reading any of my ps3 games or blu-ray movies. i already rebooted my ps3 and still not working. the connection works, internet and login works, also games i've downloaded into the system works fine. is there a way to fix my ps3?

Message 3 of 9 (12,656 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 12, 2012

Okay, we recently just upgraded of internet system and everything was acting weard. Everything is working fine now, everything except for my PSN account on my PS3. Each time I try to log on, it takes a long time just to say " Time out " what should I do?

Message 4 of 9 (12,108 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Login problems

Apr 24, 2013
Every time I try to login it says (the connection with Sony entertainment network timed out ) is it a thing in my email I have to confirm our what do i have to do couse I am connected to the Internet.
Message 5 of 9 (8,370 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jul 31, 2013
This finally worked for me. On computer go to playstation network. Sign in, go to account settings and click on to knowledge center. You'll see to change a sign in.
Message 6 of 9 (7,136 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 18, 2015

i realy need help, i can't sign in to plystation network.. i have my email and it won't sign in,

Message 7 of 9 (2,691 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28204 posts

Aug 18, 2015

You've had this problem since July 31, 2013? I suggest creating a discussion on this issue in PlayStation Network Support. You need that resolved like over two years ago.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 8 of 9 (2,671 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
2504 posts

Aug 18, 2015

Please pay close attention to the dates of threads when posting as necrobumping is against the rules. Thread locked for necrobumping.

Message 9 of 9 (2,666 Views)