Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 19 2013
By: Lyami First Son 3 posts

Playstation Store "Down for Maintenance"

6 replies 1433 views Edited Mar 19, 2013

Hi All

Bit of an unusual one here, I have just successfully downloaded and installed the Playstation Store 1.02 update and am now unable to access the store through the icon on the PS3's home screen, all I get is a  "Down for Maintenance" message.

I am still able to access Playstation Store from games like FF XIII-2 to buy downloadable content and I am also able to use features like redeem codas.

Network connectivity on the PS3 is wired and I am able to browse the internet as normal. I have also tried to remove the installed update and reinstall it but still get the "Down for Maintenance" error.

I have tested connecting to Playstation Store from my PSP on the same network and using the same details and am able to connect successfully.

I remember installing the firmware version 4.31 earlier this year but this went on without any issues.

Has anyone see or heard of this happening to anyone before?

Hope to hear from you soon ^^b

Message 1 of 7 (1,433 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Playstation Store "Down for Maintenance"

Mar 19, 2013

Same problem:smileysad:

Message 2 of 7 (1,378 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15588 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Try uninstalling the Playstation Store app from its option menu, and then installing it again.

GKP
Message 3 of 7 (1,055 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

its not just the store dumb **bleep**. people are unable to log into their accounts.  I already uninstalled reinstalled formatted. rebooted etc etc and i still cant log into my account, but before my account became completely inaccessable i couldnt get into the store. Now my account and my PS3 are just one big paper weight. funny thing is that my alt account works fine on the same PS3 i been using to try and log into my main account. even the store works on my alt account.

Message 4 of 7 (987 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

Thanks for the advice gkpama00.

Unfortunately I had already tried this prior to making this post, I did have issues trying to install the update but this was a result of my network which once corrected installed fine, however I still got the "Down for maintenance" message...

I have also tried creating a test account on the PS3 and tried to open the Playstation Store from this account using a friends logon details and still got the "Down for maintenance" error.

Is it possible that the 4.31 firmware update and the 1.02 store update are not working together?

Message 5 of 7 (815 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 20, 2013
  • I Am Having The Same Problem...When I Go To Log Into The Playstation Home...It Says It Is Down For Maitenance....
Message 6 of 7 (799 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Hi all

The problem has now been resolved, When powering on my PS3 on Sunday I was prompted for another fermware update ( 4.40), after this update I then had to once again update the Playstation Store.

All these updates went through successfully and I can now access the Playstation store as normal.

Message 7 of 7 (565 Views)
0 Likes