Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
3 posts

Re: Playstation Store does not load on PS3

Oct 23, 2011

That could be a valid assumption because I am located in ontario and I have never had this problem before. Seems the be the last update that has messed with accessing the PS store for people in ontario.

Hopefully sony figures this out becuase I hardly use the store. Only need it to download Batman: Arkham City DLC lol

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 28 (1,137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Oct 25, 2011

i'm in ontario myself and i'm having the same problem... and i've never had it before either. bugs the hell out of me too, cuz i was gonna get the new dlc for gt5 that was released today.

i hesitate to think it has anything to do with the latest firmware update (though i suppose in some way, it could). it seems much more likely that it's a server issue, but either way, they need to get someone on top of this

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 28 (1,137 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Oct 25, 2011

Bass-Alien wrote:

i'm in ontario myself and i'm having the same problem... and i've never had it before either. bugs the hell out of me too, cuz i was gonna get the new dlc for gt5 that was released today.

i hesitate to think it has anything to do with the latest firmware update (though i suppose in some way, it could). it seems much more likely that it's a server issue, but either way, they need to get someone on top of this

The DLC for GT5 isn't out yet, so you aren't missing anything.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 28 (1,137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Oct 25, 2011

well, as i understand it'll be out in a few hours.. unless they've gone ahead and delayed it again, which if i'm honest, wouldn't surprise me in the least, heh...

but just to add on, i'm not having any other PSN issues; getting online, joining games etc. all works just as well as it always did. it's just the loading of the store its self. the redeem code option doesn't load either, if i go into account management.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 28 (1,137 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Oct 25, 2011

Bass-Alien wrote:

well, as i understand it'll be out in a few hours.. unless they've gone ahead and delayed it again, which if i'm honest, wouldn't surprise me in the least, heh...

but just to add on, i'm not having any other PSN issues; getting online, joining games etc. all works just as well as it always did. it's just the loading of the store its self. the redeem code option doesn't load either, if i go into account management.

Have you tried going into safe mode and rebuilding the databases on your PS3? Might be worth a shot.

Google "PS3 safe mode", you should be able to find instructions on how to do it.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 28 (1,137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 26, 2011

try this , change the DNS settings... make it dedicated on the PS3 ...

208.67.222.222 or/and 208.67.220.220

changing this setting worked great!

amstel78 can be thanked for this solution.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 28 (1,137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 28, 2011

yah,im getting the same problem ,i cant load the (redeem code )page any help?and sony does not even know about it yet i just phoned them!they cant help me

they told me too!

1.turn off my ps3

2.unplug my wireless connection

3.disable media server

4.throw your ps3 out

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 28 (1,137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 3, 2011

same problem also and also in ontario

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 28 (1,137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 3, 2011

In ontario as well. Haven't been able to redeem the BF3 online code since monday. I recieved tha generic tech support response as well of reset the wireless and blah blah blah. From talking to people I know some systems have access to the store and others do not. I hope sony gets on this fast.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 28 (1,137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 3, 2011

They tried to tell me it was on maintenace today. Just sent them another message and told them I first tried it on Monday and haven't got on since. Funny thing is it thinks I'm at the store cause it will ask me if a really want to leave the store then it will go back to my main screen. I think that they don't get it.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 28 (1,137 Views)
0 Likes